View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:34 pm 
I'm close to returning to LinHES after a 3-year hiatus*. When we moved out of our house in AR, we were enjoying clear QAM channels from Suddenlink with an HDHomeRun (not a new Prime.) It looks like Xfinity will be our TV provider when we settle down again, and as far as I can tell our best bet will be to buy a Prime and get a cablecard from Xfinity.

I searched this forum, but the newest post is 2 years old. I'm wondering if anyone out there is using a cablecard with Xfinity and a newer Prime or other device. I'm trying to get a handle on whether this will be a better option than renting an X1 DVR and repeaters (or whatever they call them) when we sign up for service.

Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to firing up my old box to see if it is still capable of running LinHES.

(*Not that anyone cares, but my job allows me to live anywhere. We took full advantage by selling our house and traveling around the US in an RV with no DVR or satellite, just OTA and campground cable if they had it. We're looking forward to being able to record and skip commercials again!)

Last edited by DoomedTX on Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:04 pm 
My dad is using an HDHR Prime on Xfinity and LH for years and it has been great for him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:14 pm 
brfransen wrote:
My dad is using an HDHR Prime on Xfinity and LH for years and it has been great for him.

Thanks for that, it's good to know it is still an option. I'm looking forward to having LinHES back after so long without it!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:44 pm 
A follow-up question for brfransen or anyone who cares to answer:

With a cablecard on the system, can another X1 device be used elsewhere (and does it need to be the master device or can it be a slave)? My mother is going to be in a detached apartment on the same property. I'm not sure if she'll be able to transition to using MythTV and Kodi or if she will want a vanilla Xfinity setup. Any advice is appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:52 am 
I don't know for certain but I think you can use multiple devices. They just each have to be authenticated.