View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 9:32 pm 
I've noticed 2 issues that are minor but bothersome ever since the upgrade from 8.5 to 8.6. I thought they might have been fixed in R8.6.1 but they are still present.

When I am watching a program and then select record I get the recording started message but when I select (OK) on the silver remote in R8.5 I use to get a Bookmark Set message on the screen, After the upgrade to R8.6 it stopped working, I no longer get the message and a bookmark is not set.

The second issue is with channel changing. In R8.5 once you typed in the channel number and the hit OK button it would start the channel change when OK was pressed. in R8.6 it waits before starting to change the channel.

However if you do a down or up arrow (to display the next channel and information) if you press OK from there it starts the channel change as soon as you hit OK.

Has anyone else seen this? If so is there a fix for these issues? I'm pretty sure it's a mythtv issue but can't find anything on this,

Could someone else try this and see if they see if they see the same issues.

Please advise Thanks

Tim

Last edited by tscholl on Tue May 12, 2020 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 4:47 am 
I got bookmark using the "OK" button working. It was a change made by Mythtv. It was removed completely in one update and replaced in another update using the Edit Key function for the remotes.
Service Menu > Mythtv > Mythtv Settings > Setup > Edit Keys

1. Under the "Contexts" row choose "TV Play Back"
2. Under "Actions" row choose "TOGGLEBOOKMARK" (Toggle Bookmark)
3. Arrow to the right of "TOGGLEBOOKMARK" and highlight the box at the bottom of the page.
4. Press "OK" and a key selection box will open up.
5. Now Select the button you want to use for this function. I selected the "OK" or (Return) key on the remote.
6. "Return" will show up in the box.
7. Now select save a couple of times on the way back out.
8. You may need a reboot.

The problem with the MCE Microsoft remote right now is that not all of the buttons are active (mapped) anymore. A lot of changes where made when LRIC was moved into the kernel and some clean up needs to be done. Example, Print, TV, DVD Menu ect... What remote are you using.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:17 am 
TVBox
Thanks for the information I'm using the Hauppauge silver remote. I followed your instructions and got to adding the button
I pressed the button and it said I pressed "Space" which I thought was strange so went to the lircrc-haupgrey-g3.txt file and sure enough
------------------
# OK/Select
begin
prog = mythtv
button = OK
config = Space
end
-------------------
But when I went to apply I get a message that say "This Key binding conflicts with Select in the Global context. Do you want to set it anyway?"

So I canceled and looked in the "lircrc-haupgrey-g3.txt" but only see the commented # OK/Select

So now not sure what to do The best thing I guess it to make a backup and try it. I have a custom lircrc-haupgrey-g3.txt that I have used for years. Any thoughts?

By the way did you happen to notice the channel change problem I mentioned? or could this be related to the OK issue as well.

Thanks
Tim

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 1:52 pm 
Tim
"This Key binding conflicts with Select in the Global context. Do you want to set it anyway?" Yey I forgot that part. It is complaining that in the Global context column it is already assigned a function. At the time I figured that the keyboard is pretty independent of the remote so I could always remove it with the keyboard if things went bad. I gambled with "yes" It worked just like it was suppose to. Backups are always smart.

My remote is not programed with a underline function so I cannot use the remote but I tried it with a wireless keyboard and it worked ok. It appears that the underline appears on many remotes under key 8 so i think a person could setup a long press on "8" and add it to an existing remote. What button on your remote is programed as the underline function?

Brad

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:17 pm 
Brad,

Your the man!! I made a backup just to be safe then made the change you described and "Presto" Bookmark now works as it use to.

And as I suspected it also fixed the delay in the channel change!! I can once again enter the channel number and then press OK and it changes channels immediately!!

Thanks for your assistance.

Tim