View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Configuring HDHomerun
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:00 pm 
According to the probably outdated MythTV site, https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Silicondust_HDHomeRun_Dual, I should be able to configure two instances of the tuner, with one for tuner 0 and one for tuner 1. There does not appear to be a tuner option anymore in the setup. I tried setting max number of recordings to 2, but that doesn't appear to make any difference. What am I missing? It would be nice to be able to watch a program while another one is recording on a different channel.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:50 pm 
Try adding another capture card and see if it prompts for the same IP address. It’s been so long since I set mine up I really don’t recall the prompts other than I see 2 entries for each hdhomerun.

One thing to note is that if you are recording and then try to watch live tv you will be stuck to that same transport. So for example if you are recording on 5.1, you can only view channels 5.2, or 5.3. You won’t be able to watch 8.1 (assuming it is on a different transport). Same if you are watching 5.1 when a recording is supposed to start on 8.1, the recording will fail to start because it can’t change the source over to 8.1.

To do what you want you need 2 hdhomeruns and set the priority for live tv high on one hdhomerun and low on the other, then priority for recording high one the one that is low for live tv and low on the one that is high for live tv.

Convoluted, but it works.

Regards