View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:19 pm 
Have recently converted from HD3000 cards to an HDHomerun.

With the HD3000 if a channel was not available it would give you a message that bascally said that you should have gotten a channel lock by now if not ..... and then a yes or something and at that time you could could select another channel.

Tonight with the HDHomerun I tuned a channel that was not available (for some unknown reason) and I got an error message but was sent back to the Main menu.

Well when you select watch TV it tried to tune the same channel that created the problem again, of course with the same result. After going around in circles for about 20 minutes I was able to get another channel selected .............. whewwwwwwwwww

Is this the correct opperation? It took me forever to get around the problem.

Would be nicer if you got the Channel not Locked message.

Comments, or Suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:44 pm 
I have received the "you should have got a lock by now" message with my HDHomerun. I would say there is something weird going on.

Matian

Vizio 37" LCD HDTV (1080p)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:29 pm 
Just wondering, do you get that message on OTA channel or a QAM channel? I'm using QAM now instead of OTA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:21 pm 
Your TV may be silently rescanning and reacquiring a channel that your cable provider has shifted to a new multiplex or service. Comcast just did that here recently causing me much annoyance. About a dozen or so channels played musical chairs through the IRC frequencies.

I'd recommend running the hdhomerun_config utility (or even better the hdhomerun_config_gui), doing a scan, and checking to see if the problem channel has moved on you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:09 pm 
tscholl wrote:
Just wondering, do you get that message on OTA channel or a QAM channel? I'm using QAM now instead of OTA

I'm OTA only.

Martian

Vizio 37" LCD HDTV (1080p)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:00 am 
Martian - Thanks for the update. In that case it sounds like my problem is related to it being a QAM channel.

tjc - The channel was active the next day, so they didn't change it. It was just not there the day I had the problem.

Looks like some additional error recovery code may be needed to address that type of problem. I assume that this would be a Mythtv issue and not LinHES related.