View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Multiple LIRC Configs?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:16 pm 
I have been leery of upgrading to LinHES from my R5.5 installation because of the time it took me to get my LIRC config solid. Maybe I made it harder that it needed to be, but I have two devices configured: ATI All-In-Wonder II and a USB-UIRT.

As you may expect, the ATI remote is my single point of input for my system. While the USB-UIRT sends IR signals to my receiver and my projector. Everyone if loving having a single remote that controls the room. So, before doing anything to mess that up, I want to make sure that I'll be able to transfer my current lircd.conf files and my lircrc with button assignments over to my updated system.

Should this work fairly easily?

LinHES 8.4
HDHR3
BioStar A770, AMD X2 4050e, 2GB RAM
GigaByte GeForce 8400, Chaintech AV710
USB-UIRT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:44 pm 
Ok, I have updated and have been poking around with lirc. So far I can get either my ATI Remote Wonder II working or my usb_uirt blaster working using my own /etc/runit/lirc.sh script that I copied from my working R5.5 setup:
Code:
/usr/sbin/lircd --nodaemon --driver=usb_uirt_raw --device=/dev/ttyUSB0 --pidfile=/var/run/lircd.usbuirt.pid --listen --logfile=/var/log/lircd.usbuirt.log /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lirc/lircd.conf.usbuirt &
/usr/sbin/lircd --nodaemon --driver=default      --device=/dev/lirc0   --pidfile=/var/run/lircd.ati.pid     --connect=localhost --logfile=/var/log/lircd.ati.log     /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lirc/lircd.conf.ati &

If I run either line separately, that particular device works, so I know that the usb-uirt can work. If I run both lines, only the ATI remote works. I even changed which was "listen" and which was "connect". Still only the ATI remote works. When trying irsend manually, it replies that the specified remote from the usb-uirt config is "unknown".

Any ideas on what I need to change to get both lirc devices working at the same time?

LinHES 8.4
HDHR3
USB-UIRT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:45 pm 
I'm confused doesn't the UIRT device recieve the signals as well as transmit? If it does then why isn't the UIRT device controlling mythtv by listening to the All In Wonder Remote and giving the keycodes to mythtv?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:49 pm 
The ATI remote is an RF remote, so I can't use the usb-uirt as a receiver for it. So they are two separate units, with the ATI acting as the remote and the usb-uirt as the blaster. However, I can't seem to get them to work at the same time in R6.

LinHES 8.4
HDHR3
USB-UIRT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:52 am 
Well, after a lot of trial and error, I managed to find a combination of lircd command that appears to do the trick. So, in the spirit of completeness I figured I would post my working solution. This is the contents of my /etc/runit/lirc.sh:
Code:
/usr/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0 --pidfile=/var/run/lircd.ati.pid --listen=8765 --logfile=/var/log/lircd.ati.log /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lirc/lircd.conf.ati
/usr/sbin/lircd --driver=usb_uirt_raw --device=/dev/ttyUSB0 --pidfile=/var/run/lircd.usbuirt.pid --connect=localhost:8765 --logfile=/var/log/lircd.usbuirt.log /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lirc/lircd.conf.usbuirt
/usr/bin/irexec /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lirc/lircrc

Maybe this will help someone else down the road. Heck, maybe even me.

LinHES 8.4
HDHR3
USB-UIRT