View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:03 am 
I am trying to get an AVS GP-IR02BK remote and USB receiver working with LINHES 6.0.4 and I am not having any success. I've review several threads including one started by Jesse and one start by Christ. Based on these 2 threads I followed Christ's instruction and removed the default LINHES LIRC package and installed 0.86. Under the version of LIRC packages with LINHES I was able to some responses from the device; with the move to 0.86 the device does not appear to be recognized by LIRC at all. I suspect that the problem is that I am not selecting the correct driver during the configuration process, but I'm not sure which one to use.

When I plug in the USB-based IR receiver kern.log shows the following:
Code:
Oct 10 23:41:56 mythsonoma usb 2-3: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 8
Oct 10 23:41:56 mythsonoma usb 2-3: config 1 interface 0 altsetting 0 endpoint 0x1 has an invalid bInterval 0, changing to 32
Oct 10 23:41:56 mythsonoma usb 2-3: config 1 interface 0 altsetting 0 endpoint 0x82 has an invalid bInterval 0, changing to 32
Oct 10 23:41:56 mythsonoma usb 2-3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
Oct 10 23:41:56 mythsonoma usb 2-3: reset full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 8
Oct 10 23:41:57 mythsonoma lirc_dev: lirc_register_driver: sample_rate: 0
Oct 10 23:41:57 mythsonoma lirc_mceusb[8]: Topseed Technology Corp. eHome Infrared Transceiver on usb2:8

lsusb shows the following:
Code:
Bus 002 Device 008: ID 1784:0008 TopSeed Technology Corp.

Any help you can provide in getting this to work would be greatly appreciated -- thanks!

The views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:55 pm 
marc,
I had this exact remoter working under R7. I don't use it currently, but IIRC you definately need a newer LIRC (I think they're up to 9) and ir-keytable command were helpful. See here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:34 pm 
Mike, thanks for the reply. I found that I was able to get the IR receiver to work properly with several different remote controls using 6.04's default LIRC version, including the Hauppauge remote, StreamZap and an old Onkyo amplifier remote. Just can't get it to work with the remote it came with. Here is how I am configured:

1. Remote: StreamZap. (I'm actually using a Harmony programmed for the SreamZap device.

2. Receiver: MCEUSB.

The views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:38 pm 
marc,
I just did a clean install of of R7 on a test machine and this remote works out-of-the-box. Although R7 is still testing, it's quite stable and I'd recommend you move to it if you really want the remote to work. From a R6 installation you can point your
Code:
/etc/pacman.conf
servers to *-testing and
Code:
pacman -Sy linhes-scripts
and then switch to another VT and as root
Code:
# upgrade-linhes.sh
. Or you can start fresh with the latest iso at the link I provided. Just run
Code:
pacman -Syu
after install to ensure you're up-to-date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:06 am 
Mike, thanks for the update -- that's good to now. I think I am going to wait for a while before I update as I am pretty busy right now and the technique I outlined in my previous post is working reliably for now. It would be nice to get it working with the native remote -- will probably do the upgrade once I have more time.

Question: Do you think I could temporarily point my system at the test repositories and do an upgrade of only LIRC to get this working?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:23 am 
marc.aronson wrote:
Question: Do you think I could temporarily point my system at the test repositories and do an upgrade of only LIRC to get this working?

No, that will not work. LIRC is compiled against the kernel in testing...and much of LIRC is now in-kernel. You will definately hose your system if you do that.