View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: HD-PVR issues with 7.2?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:21 am 
Hi Folks,

Just checking to see if anyone else is seeing issues with Hauppauge's HD-PVR on the latest LinHES build.

I've had two of these recorders for at least two years now and they have worked well. After the upgrade from 6.03 to 7.2 though they have been having a lot of problems locking into the STB signal and it can take about 2 minutes or more; sometimes a very long time.

I tried moving the HD-PVRs to a dedicated slave backend with no other function but the HD-PVRs to eliminate a number of variables including the potential PC hardware issues. I also tried changing the power supplies on the hd-pvr's thinking they may be dying.

I've noticed when it has issues that myth will try and restart the hd-pvr about every 3s to get it going. Just before it actually locks in and takes a slightly longer than usual pause (e.g. light off) and then turns on and stays on.

I'm beginning to suspect the DVB/v4l drivers as part of the problem but I wanted to check in and see if others are having problems or not. If others are not having problems with their hd-pvr based systems then it is likely not the drivers.

BTW, I have one Rev D and one Rev E hardware and I have them both upgraded to fw level 0x15 (ie.1.5.7). This issue existed with fw 0x12 which is why I upgraded to 0x15 to eliminate that possibility.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:36 am 
I'm interested in the outcome too, as I just upgraded to 7.2 to get firewire working again after switching to FiOS. I confirmed reports that the copyright bit is set on all non-broadcast stations over firewire so am now looking at HD-PVR options.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:35 pm 
I did get them to work again. I changed the hd-pvr's to a dedicated machine (an old laptop) which acts as a slave backend. That actually didn't do much so then I upgrade to the latest stuff post 7.2 and things started to work reliably again. To my knowledge there is nothing in the updates which should have corrected this. It may have been heat related since I did partially relocate the HD-PVRs and better vent my STBs. It is also possible that it suffered from the intensity of the recent sun spot cycle. :)