View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:07 pm 
To confirm brfansen, to test your package, I need to undo the scripts I have put in place to get it working, then install your package and then reboot. Is that it?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:09 pm 
Girkers, yes just comment out your script in fluxbox apps (if that is where you still have it). You may also need to move usbkbd.ko or force pacman to overwrite it. Install the pkg and reboot.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:21 pm 
Cheers, I will try it tonight (about 10 hours away) on my frontend system and let you know.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:26 pm 
Well I ran the suggested install for Twinhan remote, it didn't work and now webmin doesn't either. After the install webmin didn't work so I did a successful update of webmin, but when I try to start with rc.d start webmin, I get Webmin start FAIL. I also made sure webmin was enabled in the DAEMONS of /etc/rc.conf. Any suggestions how to fix it?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:27 am 
There is nothing in the Twinhan pkg that should affect webmin as far as I can tell.

LinHES doesn't use the sysv init rc.d to start services. LH uses runit for starting services. Reinstall webmin using pacman:
Code:
sudo pacman -S webmin
Enable the webmin service:
Code:
sudo add_service.sh webmin
Start webmin:
Code:
sudo sv start webmin

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:32 pm 
Thank you very much for the for the fix, it worked great. How are you on figuring out how to get my samba working, since it has now quit?
I tried using the same commands as the ones used for webmin, substituting samba for webmin. When I tried 'sudo add_service.sh samba' I got the message 'couldn't find /etc/sv/samba'. Any suggestions, please?

Again, thanks for the assistance.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:27 am 
Let's not pull this further off topic. Please open a new thread for the samba problem.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:09 pm 
brfransen wrote:
For those of you with this remote please test the new twinham-remote package and report back.
Code:
sudo pacman -U http://linhes.org/repo/i686/extra-testing/twinhan-remote-1-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz

This package will install the usbkbd.ko module and blacklist hid_twinhan. When testing don't forget to disable the scripts that fixed this for you.

I finally got a chance to try this, however it didn't work for me. Now I must admit that this is not a clean system as I did a lot of poking around when trying to get it to work, so don't neccesaarily take my experience as gospel. Any way I checked the list of loaded modules and the old modules are still being loaded. Here is a list of the relevant modules:

Code:
hid_twinhan 2615 0 - Live 0xf41ee000
usbhid 31433 0 - Live 0xf41db000
hid 62899 2 hid_twinhan,usbhid, Live 0xf41b6000
usbcore 119027 4 usbhid,uhci_hcd,ehci_hcd, Live 0xf3d06000

The usbkbd module is no where to be found. What else would you like me to try to get it working?

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:07 am 
Not sure why the blacklist isn't working.

Let try moving the /lib/modules/2.6.39-LinHES/kernel/drivers/hid/hid-twinhan.ko.gz to your home dir or anywhere outside of /lib/modules. Then pacman -R twinhan-remote and reboot. What does lsmod show now? Does the remote work?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:34 am 
Blacklist doesn't work if the module is already in the initramfs image. Try running the following to update all the initramfs images:
Code:
sudo update-initramfs -u
(at least, this is how I understand it to work... it solved my blacklist problem)

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:37 am 
LH doesn't have update-initramfs. We use mkinitcpio and it was run in the twinhan-remote pkg.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:50 pm 
brfransen wrote:
For those of you with this remote please test the new twinham-remote package and report back.
Code:
sudo pacman -U http://linhes.org/repo/i686/extra-testing/twinhan-remote-1-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz

This package will install the usbkbd.ko module and blacklist hid_twinhan. When testing don't forget to disable the scripts that fixed this for you.

brfransen' wrote:
Not sure why the blacklist isn't working.

Let try moving the /lib/modules/2.6.39-LinHES/kernel/drivers/hid/hid-twinhan.ko.gz to your home dir or anywhere outside of /lib/modules. Then pacman -R twinhan-remote and reboot. What does lsmod show now? Does the remote work?

Sorry to bring up an older thread but I thought I would post back some experience with trying this. I setup a a clean Frontend system and found that the above commands did not work. When trying the command listed first it ran through, however the Twinhan module was still loaded. I then followed the follow up advice and found that it stopped the twinhan module from loading however the remote still didn't work. I then re-ran the first command and the remote still did not work.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3