View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:52 am 
I just did a fresh install of 7.3 on my master backend and am trying to get everything back up and running.

All is going fairly well except for my one IR blaster which is generated by a PVR-150. Note that I also have a HD-PVR that has an internal blaster but I dont use that.

I loaded my remote with the Linhes services screen (Haupauug Grey with blaster) and then copied over my custom lircd and lircrc files to a new folder. I selected the new remote in the service menu but it just locked up so I manually changed the /etc/lircd and /etc/lircrc files to include my folder. Reboot and the remotes were working fine but no ir blasting.

I reviewed my dmesg and see that lirc_zilog seems to detect both the HDPVR (lirc0) and the PVR150 (naming it lirc1). No error messages in there.

ls -l /dev/lirc* shows /dev/lirc0 and /dev/lirc1 but no /dev/lircd. Is that correct?

When i do a IRSEND, all seems to go well except that I get no output on the screen. dmesg does show a error "i2c_master_recv failed with -5 -- keeping last read buffer". I dont think that has anything to do with blasting.

With the new remote kernal system I am not sure where to start. I have an idea that I am blasting to the HDPVR blaster since it is lirc0 instead of the PVR150. Could that be it? Any and all help is very welcome

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:34 am 
Turns out that the IR Blaster from the PVR-150 was named as lirc1. I had to modify the
/usr/MythVantage/bin/install_function.sh
file which specifically calls out lirc0 for blaster. I changed that to lirc1 as all is good.

Not sure if this will stay through an upgrade or not.