View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:52 pm 
My memory took a dive so I am on the hunt for a replacement. In KM5.5 I was running 2GB with 1.4 GB usable after on-board video. This was adequate to give me zero swaps to the hard drive. The cost difference between 2GB and 4GB is not that much anymore but the 4GB will cost me a extra 2 or 3 watts. Also is there any additional memory requirements if you are considering running Hulu or similar online services. As versions change you can always expect a little memory creep.

TVBox

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:22 am 
Memory is so cheap now I usually just "fill it up". From a power perspective, the additional memory is almost immeasurable (from a practical point) - spinning a DVD up one time takes more power than the memory for a week... However, for my Myth boxes, I am running 2 gig on 7.04 with no issues (swap rate almost zero - zero except during memory leak). I am having a memory leak issue at the moment, and even with that, 2 gig is fine for several days...