View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:22 am 
OK, I've used ubuntu in a minor way for a while now, long enough to make enough mistakes to totally corrupt my set up to the point where it became unusable, after trying to get it to do many, many different things over time, mostly successfully.

Having managed to get the satellite card working I tried to install Myth and never got the program working, the whole set up dying shortly afterwards. So I went for a clean install of LinHES, which seems to be running fine. Apart from 2 things, one I can live with for the moment, which is that it has a beautifully empty drive that was intended for the myth storage which worked fine in ubuntu but LinHES won't look at at all for some reason and secondly, and far more importantly, the perfectly happy capture card now shows up nicely in the setup but doesn't seem to be able to find an LNB and throws up a whole page of errors in dmesg.

Now I'm not a complete newbie to the terminal, but I'm no expert and get confused easily with half of the how to's as they seem to jump a few steps that I suspect that everyone else knows how to do.

Any tips from anyone as to how I can get my conexant card beyond just showing LNB and stopping when I try to set up diseqc?

Hardware otherwise is a HP proliant N40L microserver running LinHES latest stable which I believe is 7.4 on a 1. RAM is upgraded to 8gb and the graphics are running on an HD5450. There's also a 3TB hard disc but that's full of DVD's and music after a previous incarnation as a media server.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:53 pm 
What tuner are you using? DVB-S2 is a satellite technology (according to google) not a specific card.
Code:
sudo add_storage.py --no_destruction
should add whatever drives that aren't already being used.
Welcome to LinHES it's nice over here!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:19 pm 
Sorry, I always seem to miss an important detail out.

Tis a TBS DVB-S2 High Definition Digital Satellite Tuner PCI Express Card HD (DVB-S2/DVB-S) Receiver - PCIE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:20 pm 
OK. so scan -x0 /usr/share/dvb/dvb-s/Astra-28.2E | tee channels.conf results in a whole pile of failure.

I suspect I may have a firmware problem.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:40 pm 
I think I've fixed it. Managed to find the working download of the drivers from the tbs website (google takes you to a dead version) and downloaded the zip. Extracted than and copied the firmware file that dmesg seemed upset about and it's currently scrolling through a scan from the terminal.

We'll see what happens in the myth backend once this finishes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:51 pm 
so one of these then? http://www.tbsdtv.com/products/dvb-s2-t ... -pcie.html
did you follow these directions by chance http://blog.mohammadzadeh.info/index.ph ... p-guide-to
Those instructions look like they are for the tbs6980 and tbs6981 which model exactly do you have it might need different drivers?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:38 am 
Nothing so complex, was simply a firmware file missing that I copied across.

Card is working fine now, now I just need to sort out my video and sound issues. Now I have video and sound (or lack therof) to play with.