View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Author Message
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:00 am 
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:08 pm
Posts: 561
Location: UK
When carrying out the upgrade from 7.1 to 8.6.1, I was using a another machine to carry out the upgrade, this had a Hauppauge Nova-S-HD. So when after carrying out the scan, I noticed some channels had problems with the EPG, or seem to disappear when a Transport was rescanned.
Looking closely and comparing with an existing STB, I found this:

            TID      Frequency    Character Rate
From STB    2112        11343      27500
From Scan   2112        11427      29500

From STB    2035        12382      27500
From Scan   2035        12461      29500

The Transport ID (TID) reported by a STB for particular channel matched the one from the scan but there seemed to be a frequency mismatch. I think it may be due to how the other Transport IDs are reported by the satellite to allow a scan to take place.
This may have already disappeared as channels and Transports are moved between transponders.
Deleteing the appropriate muxes and rescanning the correct frequencies led to the correct channels being present. LyngSat is pretty useful.

Bruce S.

Updated 2019/10/26: AthlonII X2 265 Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
16Gb PC 1866 DDR3, 500GB+2TB+4TB SATA HDD,
Hauppauage Nova-T 500, Nova-T LinHes R8.6.1


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Theme Created By ceyhansuyu