View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:13 pm 
I am using a dragon 2 system, and have had it set up for quite some time outputting analog stereo off of the motherboard to a stereo system. I had never used the s/pdif output.

My project is to start using mythmusic and output the audio to a different stereo system via the s/pdif output, but still output the TV audio via the analog output.

I actually got this working, but I dont know what I did. I like to understand how things work, and was hoping someone on here can offer insight.

as i started the endeavor, i connected the optical cable to the s/pdif output of the dragon system, changed the output of mythmusic to /dev/sound/dsp and unchecked "mythmusic" in the linhes audio setup screen. i did not see the optical cable light up, and there was no audio. audio from mythmusic still came out of the analog output.

i then ran twk_audio.pl --implement digital and the optical cable light up and i started outputting both mythmusic and TV audio out of the digital out. the lihhes audio setup screen was still set up for analog, so i did not understand why tv video audio was being sent to the digital output.

i then reran twk_audio.pl to go back to analogstereo. i was sill getting all audio out of digital.

i then removed the /etc/asound.conf that was newly created after running the tweaker script. after a reboot, the tv audio was coming out of the analog output, and the mythmusic was coming out of the digital. so, i accomplished my goal, but it makes no sense to me that that route got me there.

does anyone know the proper way to enable both analog and digital output for specific applications?