View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:13 pm 
Hi all, I was hoping someone might be able to give me some direction on how to begin trouble shooting this problem. My LinHES system has been working great for a year, then this weekend it wouldn't start. It makes it to the yellow screen with "Loading the kernel", but never makes it past. I also noticed the hard drive is making a regular clicking noise. Does this mean the hard drive is toast? I was thinking about running a disk check on the drive from a bootable thumb drive to see if it was just a bad sector?

I have been using knoppmyth for a while, but not too linux savvy. I would be happy for any other ideas or input.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:15 pm 
I would say your drive is about to bite the dust. Pull the drive asap!!! You might be able to setup another drive and then restore from backup if your lucky. I saw in today's paper Comp USA has a Seagate 1TB drive on sale this Friday and Saturday for $49.99 with coupon in Sunday's paper.