View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:38 am 
I acquired an HDHR Prime through a sweet deal on woot a couple of weeks ago. For just the price of the cablecard rental, I am now able to receive the next tier of cable and HD goodness. I am running LinHES 7.2 with .24 fixes. I was able to add all three tuners via IP address. Unfortunately, the "fetch channel listings from provider" does not seem to work during backend setup, so I did the channel scan and have adjusted the listings manually through mythweb. No joy on the encrypted channels.

As a last resort, I downloaded and installed Mythbuntu 12.04 with .25, which has native support for the Prime. I was able to "fetch channel listings from source" in the backend setup, and then able to view them on the master backend's frontend. When I installed the remote Mythbuntu 12.04 frontend, it will not connect to the backend. After much hair pulling and googling, it would seem there is an issue with Mythbuntu 12.04 and remote frontends that my amateur Linux skills can not divine.

So, back to LinHES, which I much prefer anyway. Still not able to view the encrypted channels. Has anyone had any experience with this, run into a good write up or how to, or, possibly know how to upgrade LinHES to .25? I have not run into the info I need yet. :( Needless to say, the household natives are getting restless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:03 am 
Check out this thread. I am working on installing a prime as well.
See this thread.
http://forum.linhes.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22634
This following is good information and answers most questions
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_MythTV_for_the_HDHomeRun_Prime
marc cleared up some other questions I had as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:45 pm 
Hmm... When I select "fetch channels from listing source" in the input connections section of backend setup, it doesn't fetch them. Bad dog!

I have deleted the capture cards and video source, starting from scratch. I add one tuner from the Prime, add my video source from Schedules Direct (Wide Open West), and then go to Input Connections, where I name the tuner, choose the video source (WOW), quick tune to "always", and then "fetch...". Nothing happens. Following the directions here, http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_MythTV_for_the_HDHomeRun_Prime, I click next, finish, and then enter back into it like it says to. Except it has not "fetched" the lineup-there are no available channels. In fact, this has never worked for me. I have always had to do a channel scan and manually configure the results. But this time around a channel scan does not seem to be cutting it for the cablecard channels. Ughhh... :?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:15 pm 
I had problems where you are as well. To get around this problem you need to setup a dummy tuner.
Code:
Create a dummy tuner from add tuner in setup.   (It's in the list)
Then it will want you to point it to a file.  file:/myth/tv/some_mpg_file_name.mpg

Create a new video source that point to your cable_company_digital_lineup on schedules direct or what ever your using.

Then from input connections associate your dummy tuner to your new video source.  Then select fetch channels from video source.  This will pull all the channels information that your cable card needs.

Now attach the same video source to your HDPrime tuners, and your all set.

I assume that you have already gotten the cable card activated with the cable company.
Now enjoy!!

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:31 pm 
Hallelujah!!! :D

I had not seen that before, but that did the trick! If you are ever near Dearborn, I'll have to buy you a beer! Thank you!

~Terry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:15 pm 
Terry,

Glad to here. I just may take you up on that!

Tim