View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:48 pm 
Hey there,

Is this the preferred method for accessing youtube?

I have this set up (sort of) on 2 boxes (with differing hardware)

One of them is older (p4 w/nVidia5200fx in twinview mode @ 800x600) the other is a dualcore AMD w/nVidia 220GT (fanless) ->HDMI 1920x1080 LCD TV

On the 800x600 system, youtube comes up and the boxes for selecting stuff are blocky and black (I can provide pics if someone wants to see).
When hitting play (or fudging through and playing via paired PC) -- I get audio - but no video.

On the 1920x1080 HD LCD system, the menus all work fine.. but when I play video -- I see the "loading" spinner and nothing happens. (I can escape from the function)

On BOTH systems, I can't exit out of YouTube back to LinHES.

I'm running 7.4 of LinHES on both systems as FE's connected to a MythTV MBE on CentOS using RPM's (as the box does other things. firstly, it's a CentOS multiuser server.... one of its side functions is to run Myth and record shows and act as storage.)

Where can I look to see what's going on. -- now that I've been poking around this feature a bit, I'd kinda like to use it.

Thanks,

-Ben

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:42 pm 
Web on LinHES in R7.4 uses chromium. In R8.x it uses Google Chrome. The video problems you are seeing may happen if you don't have the flash plugin installed.

To exit ctrl+W closes both chromium and Chrome.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:41 am 
Sounds like time to upgrade my LinHES boxes....

Thanks for the sanity check.

Cheers,

-Ben

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:14 pm 
bkamen wrote:
I see the "loading" spinner and nothing happens. (I can escape from the function)

I'm seeing exactly the same thing on my (Updated) 8.3?

I haven't played around with the Web on LinHES bit before (nice!), everything works as expected except I only get a still image playing youtube videos, I can skip through the video and see a still image of the appropriate bit of the video I've skipped to, but that's it? It behaves as though it's playing, buffering etc.

If I open a chrome window (ALT+w) and navigate to youtube I can play anything as expected, including full-screen.

Is it trying to unsuccessfully use my (old 8300) GPU? I can't seem to find much in my logs...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:31 pm 
If I remember right the YouTube page that Web on LinHES points to has multiple audio streams so unless dmix is enable you will get the failure you are seeing. Check your /etc/asound.conf if it has dmix. If not go to Service Menu > LinHES Settings > Audio and select another sound device then go back in and select the one you were using and it should create a asound.conf with dmix.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:41 pm 
brfransen wrote:
then go back in and select the one you were using and it should create a asound.conf with dmix.

Thanks for the reply brfransen, nailed it in one!

(Using digital optical out) My original asound.conf was:
Code:
pcm.!default "plug:iec958"

Switched to HDMI something and got dmix:
Code:
pcm.dmixer {
  type dmix
  ipc_key 2048
  slave {
    pcm "hw:NVidia,3"
    period_size 512
    buffer_size 4096
  }
}

pcm.!default {
  type plug
  slave.pcm "dmixer"
}

Youtube in web on LinHES then works as expected!

Only thing is, if I switch back to my actual audio output I lose dmix and return to the original asound.conf?

Can I cobble something together with iec958 and dmix to make WoL happy and also not mess up my default audio when the asound.conf might be needed?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:22 am 
I was never able to get dmix to work with iec958 so that is why it generates the asound.conf that it does. I think it has something to do with iec958 being a defined PCM and the dmix plugin expects to deal with a hw device. If you get it to work please let me know how you did it. However, there should be a hw device that will give you output and allow dmix to be used. I have seen it be device 1 or 4 depending on the card/motherboard.