View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: kodi pvr client
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:33 pm 
I haven't used a pvr client with kodi since it was called xbmc. However, when LinHES changed over to kodi I also installed the kodi-pvr-addons package. Today I tried to enable the PVR plugin for the first time in years, but it fails with the following error in the log:

Code:
15:42:04 T:140686804375296  NOTICE: PVRManager - starting up
15:42:04 T:140686485616384  NOTICE: Thread PVRManager start, auto delete: false
15:42:04 T:140688464828160  NOTICE: Thread PVRClient start, auto delete: false
15:42:04 T:140688464828160   ERROR: ADDON: Dll MythTV PVR Client - Client returned bad status (6) from Create and is not usable
15:42:04 T:140688464828160 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on MythTV PVR Client, status = 6
15:42:04 T:140688464828160 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on MythTV PVR Client, disabling it
15:42:04 T:140689409763072  NOTICE: Thread AddonStatus pvr.mythtv start, auto delete: true

In the GUI it reports the addon failed to load. I don't see anything particularly helpful in the kodi forums except possibly the pvr-addon and mythtv API versions might be different. I'm not sure how to check the API versions to see if they match. Is anyone using kodi 15.1 on LinHES with the MythTV PVR plugin? FWIW, my plugin version shows 2.4.3.

Post subject: Re: kodi pvr client
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:43 pm 
So Kodi changed how they handle PVRs it handles them natively you don't have to install anything anymore from the add-ons store. However you do have to enable your PVR of choice (mythtv) in the settings.
System > Settings > TV > you should see one that says Enable. When you turn it on it complains that there isn't a PVR selected. It should take you to a screen that lets you choose the PVR of your choice. Here is where I got tripped up: when you select MythTV it let's you change all sorts of settings like login IP address of the backend that kind of stuff you still have to enable that PVR on the left side of the box.
This is a good writeup of how to install IPTV Simple Client so follow along until they select IPTV and instead select MythTV. I also have had more success using the Backend's network address instead of 127.0.0.1 .
If you have done all of this already and your yelling through your screen at me... I'm sorry.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:49 am 
Thanks for the help. I did enable the PVR client just as you described. However, when I return to TV settings and enable the PVR, I receive the error messages described in the original post. I've also tried using the machine's actual address, 127.0.0.1, and localhost. All three result in the same error I posted above. I don't think it ever attempts to contact MythTV because the client never loads. Now that I think about it, I've had mythtv PVR errors in my logs for quite some time, but I never bothered to chase them down since I wasn't using the client.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:42 pm 
Not positive if it the same for the Linux version but in the windows version, after you go through the enabling process and plugin selection.

You have to shutdown KODI and restart it before it will connect to Mythtv and the TV option to be available.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:28 pm 
Similar Issue, different OS though.
I change from OpenElec to LibreElec today in order that the MythTv Plugin could connect to my MythTv backend server. The protocol or some changed from .27 to .28 on the MythTv side. The OpenElec repos are not updating to the latest MythTv Plug versions how some reason that under stand the .28 changes. LibreElect is pull from the OpenElec repo and is trying to stay stable and current.