View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:52 pm 
Here is my video to show the issue I have had crossed in several installs and on different systems.

https://youtu.be/dn5u74tDt8I

this is a clean install that I just created 500 empty files all numbered and copied to a folder. this was just to duplicate the issues I have seen in the past 3-4 releases on my running systems

it seems that there is a limit to the # of files in any one folder that the data base can handle.
I really don't know how to describe the issue, while scrolling down through the videos gallery on the left side of the list, the position indicator will jump to the end of the list but will not let you go back left to the left side without first scrolling up a few rows where it will jump back to the left hand side

trust me..... watch the video. it will be very clear

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:55 am 
Interesting. I usually use List View. This seems to only affect Gallery View. What looks like is happening is that when it has to scroll and the last row is not a full row (16 items in the case of the LH theme) it refreshes the last two rows to show them as full rows but the navigation thinks it should only be a partial row. I have a directory with 211 files so the last row should have 3 items and the navigation acts like that by only allowing me to go left and right across them. When I go up it allows me left and right across the 16 items. Up one more time so that the last row of 3 is no longer on screen an navigation and UI are synced up again. Changing the theme to Mythcenter-wide has the same behavior but with rows of 7 so the numbers end up a little different.

Please open a ticket upstream at: https://code.mythtv.org/trac/newticket

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:58 pm 
Thanks for the better description of the issue than i could muster.....I guess it pays to speak up Ive been waiting quite a while through the releases for some one else to see this misbehaver, was really thinking i was knutz...

Thanks again.

Ticket posted.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:41 pm 
Your ticket was fixed. I have rebuilt MythTV and pushed it to production in the 0.28-19 package.