View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:29 am 
I have a new build and I want to run two back-ends at the same time on the same network. I will stop all recordings on the current back-end and everything new be recorded on the new build. The problem is they can not be running at the same time. If the current back-end is running and I start the new build back-end the new build thinks it is a front-end and wipes out the database. If the new build is running and myth welcome starts the current back-end it dos so much corruption that it took me a day of work to get it back. On the past versions you could change the system type to Stand Alone and it would take care of that problem but that setting dos not exist anymore. Is there a way to manually create a Stand Alone? There must be more steps than using the Loopback address 127.0.0.1 in the database network address.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:44 am 
Setting both backends to Master_backend should work. Then in mythtv-setup make sure that both the Local Backend IP and the Master Backend IP are the correct IPs for each backend. Occasionally the config.xmls will get out of sync and cause issues. Both /root/.mythtv/config.xml and /home/mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml should be symlinks to /usr/share/mythtv/config.xml. If they are not just delete them and run sudo systemconfig.py -m config_xml to recreate them. Make sure that the db IP is right in the config.xml too.