View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:29 pm 
I used to name my files xxxx (2017.xvid.etc) and when you scanned for files in MythVideo you would only see the video name and everything in the brakets would be hidden. However with the new version this is no longer the case.

Does anyone know the naming convention for the latest version? I have looked through the MythTV wiki and could not find anything, could anyone offer some advice.

Thanks

Girkers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:08 am 
This is probably due to a patch I added: http://cgit.linhes.org/linhes_pkgbuild/ ... ?h=testing In my testing this works better at matching movies that have the same name but different years. My files are named MovieName (2016).mkv. One issue I have seen is if the file has multiple parentheses like MovieName (2016) (1080p).mkv it fails to find anything.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:13 pm 
This isn't always going to work either. It will work with something like Castle (2009) as this is actually in the name of the returned data, but if you look up Cold Case (2003) it doesn't work, whilst Cold Case was released in 2003 this is ignored and I have to manually choose the right one.

The other issue I have with your change to the naming convention is with my files I keep details of the file type and resolution, e.g. Deadpool (2016.1080p.BluRay.x264). Now when you scan for changes this would be displayed as it is written whereas previously it would have only shown the movie name.

Do you have a solution for still being able to keep the details in the filename but not have them appear in the title in Mythtv?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:46 am 
Girkers wrote:
This isn't always going to work either. It will work with something like Castle (2009) as this is actually in the name of the returned data, but if you look up Cold Case (2003) it doesn't work, whilst Cold Case was released in 2003 this is ignored and I have to manually choose the right one.
These look like issues with the TV DB grabber (ttvdb.py) not the Movie DB grabber (tmdb3.py) which is what this patch changed. You can check your mythfrontend log to see which grabber was used for the various lookups.

This patch for tmdb3.py came from https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/103 and there is more discussion about it there.

Quote:
The other issue I have with your change to the naming convention is with my files I keep details of the file type and resolution, e.g. Deadpool (2016.1080p.BluRay.x264). Now when you scan for changes this would be displayed as it is written whereas previously it would have only shown the movie name
When the title doesn't change from the filename that usually means the grabber didn't find a match. Per the MythTV wiki (https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing) I don't think that it was ever expected that the filename would contain any metadata other than title and year.

I just tried "Deadpool (2016.1080p.BluRay.x264)" both with tmdb3.py patched and without and in both cases no results were found. It doesn't appear that this patch changed anything with the extra metadata included in the filename.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:43 am 
Sorry, I need to clarify.

It is not actually the lookup script that is the issue, it is the Video Manager itself. Prior to the upgrade when you "Scan for Changes" it would add the name of your video without anything contained in ( ), now it includes it all. So previously if I scanned the file named "Deadpool (2016.1080p.BluRay.x264)" it would only show "Deadpool". With the new version it shows "Deadpool (2016.1080p.BluRay.x264)"

Does that clarify it for you?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:04 pm 
I think I found the change. Should be fixed in mythtv-29-10 which is in testing now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:18 pm 
Thanks for finding that, really appreciate the heads up.