View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:55 pm 
I've had more failure than success with commflagging today. Only one of the last 6 commflagging jobs has succeeded. They start out fine, with mythcommflag seeming to progress at its normal 90 fps. Then some time later when I check back on it, mythweb backend status reports that the job is searching for logo. The mythcommflag process isn't doing anything by this point, with CPU usage near zero and the overall system load likewise near zero. Here's what I see repeated the last dozen lines of the log when a job fails:
Code:
2020-02-09T12:53:46.394356-05:00 mythcommflag[12064]: E Decoder avformatdecoder.cpp:3785 (ProcessVideoPacket) AFD: video avcodec_send_packet error: Invalid data found when processing input (-1094995529) gotpicture:0

If I leave it alone, the comm flag job will sit like this for hours without actually doing anything. If I kill the process, it will report exited with Status 140 in the backend status and then move on to the next job.

At first I thought it was one bad recording, but it's happening with almost every recording today. I haven't watched every single program, but glancing through them they seem fine to watch. It seems odd that such a high percentage of recorded programs are having the same problem today and that mythcommflag isn't able to determine on its own that it's time to quit and move on to the next job.

Any ideas what else I should be looking at? I suppose I should try switching commflagging options and re-running the jobs, but I haven't been experiencing this trouble previously on any recordings.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:00 pm 
Not sure if it matters, but is this cable or OTA?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:37 am 
knappster wrote:
Not sure if it matters, but is this cable or OTA?

Cable via HDHR Prime 3. I haven't watched every single program, but they appear to have recorded ok. The size is about right, there's a preview thumbnail, it plays fine when I open the file, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:23 pm 
I wonder if there's any chance it could be related to this issue?
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=25329

Issues with HDHR Prime that seemed to begin around the same time...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:29 pm 
knappster wrote:
I wonder if there's any chance it could be related to this issue?
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=25329

Issues with HDHR Prime that seemed to begin around the same time...

I don't know how I missed this reply, but the linked thread is to an announcement of myth v31. I found Big Boy Stan's VDPAU error with HDHR Prime, but that doesn't seem related.

Anyway, commercial flagging is having more trouble than I've ever had in more than 10 years of using MythTV. This is my first time ever using HDHR Prime with Comcast CableCARD, so that might be the issue. It's not uncommon to open the backend status and see that 3 days of programs haven't been commflagged because it's still trying to flag an episode of Good Eats from 3 days ago. I don't know why, but Good Eats seems to fail more than other programs, so it might be a channel issue. I usually can remote in, kill the stuck flagging process, and then the other jobs move on. Every once in awhile I try to re-run flagging on the failed video, but it almost always hangs again.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:56 am 
Yeah, sorry it was the wrong link. Should have been viewtopic.php?f=21&t=25611&p=143744

My theory was that something with the hdhomerun prime stream was affecting playback and commercial detection.