View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:47 pm 
This is probably documented somewhere, but I couldn't find a clear description either here (in the Forum) or on the KnoppMyth or MuthTV wikis.

The default config file of your grabber is different from the config file that mythfilldatabase uses!

If you use your grabber (in my case tv_grab_no) to manually update the list of chennels it grabs, it will use a config file in $HOME/.xmltv named <graber_name>.conf (in my case /home/mythtv/.xmltv/tv_grab_no.conf).

mythfilldatabase uses a config file in $HOME/.mythtv/<source_name>.xmltv
(My source is named "TV", so my config file is $HOME/.xmltv/TV.xmltv).

If you use this method, just copy the default grabber config file to your <source_name>.xmltv file, and you can run mythfilldatabase and get your updated channel listings.

It almost drove me nuts until i found out this.

BTW, is the man page for mythfilldatabase supposed to be included in KnoppMyth? I have upgraded from R5C7 to R5D1, and there are no traces of it. Perhaps I should ask if this man page exists at all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:11 pm 
Did you originally configure your grabber via mythtv-setup? If you did, it should have created the ~mythtv/.mythtv/<sourcename>.xmltv configuration file. You should not even have a /home/mythtv/.xmltv/tv_grab_no.conf file unless you have manually configured the grabber from outside myth. (Unless your grabber ignores the --config-file option when it is being configured, but not when it is being run from mythfilldatabase to do the grabbing).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:10 pm 
Yep, this one got me too.

Neither mythtv-setup nor a manual config of tv_grab_au put the config file in the right place (or even gave it the right filename). I'm using the commercial IceTV guide's tv_grab_au. Mythfilldatabase would fail with Invalid User ID or Password.

Thank goodness you posted your experience tingo - it helped me out no end.

Thanks mate!

LinHES 7.1, Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI m/b, Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 3Gb RAM, 80GB PATA (/ & /myth), 2TB SATA (/myth/tv), Gigabyte 8600GT component-out, 2x Dvico HDTV DVB-T Lite, 1x Hauppage HVR-2200 PCIe Dual, Harmony remote with Dvico IR receiver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:51 pm 
hey shade4 why have you decided to use iceTV ?

Most people in AU use the free oztivo grabber, it seems to work fine for me. Any reason you decided to go with a paid service?