View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:49 pm 
I just did a testing upgrade and it very definitely says "hda1" in all the warning messages as I remembered and never just "hda".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:45 pm 
I'm upgrading from R5C7 to R5F1 .. my output is directed to the TV from my PVR-350 .. the menu works OK .. when I playback an existing recording or "watch TV", I get a black screen. There is a hint of a border showing at the edges. Sound is working OK. when I exit, the menu comes back.

I looked at the issues on the wiki troubleshooting pages, they don't seem to apply to my issue.

Thanks!

Hauppauge PVR-350, IR Blaster, Comcast Digital Cable
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/KnoppMyth/
KnoppMyth R5F27 >> R5.5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:49 am 
Did you try the PVR-350 OSD patch above? Was there something unclear in the description that you wanted clarification on? Maybe a typo? Has the option changed with the latest ivtv 0.10.x drivers?

Before people start making a habit of this let me repeat the request from the head post:
tjc wrote:
OBTW - As Cecil said in the R5D1 thread:
cesman wrote:
Let's not turn this into my upgrade didn't work thread.

In pursuit of that goal, I will not answer questions in this thread which do not involved an update/correction/clarification/additional information/... on the upgrade hints posting, and would request that others do the same.

Please. These threads are supposed to be a central reference to solutions worked out elsewhere. That way when we refer people to them they can actually find the information they need instead of wading through 12 pages of random and irrelevant postings. I'm already a bit piqued at cmshawn2 for adding several fluff postings after his original relevant request for clarification.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:35 am 
tjc wrote:
Did you try the PVR-350 OSD patch above? Was there something unclear in the description that you wanted clarification on?

That was it .. thanks! I was searching for a symptomology when it was right there! (it was getting late!)

Under "5.4)" you might briefly describe the "problem" such as, "experience a black screen when using the TV out for playback or watch tv".

Hauppauge PVR-350, IR Blaster, Comcast Digital Cable
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/KnoppMyth/
KnoppMyth R5F27 >> R5.5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:18 pm 
Okay, so R5F27 has been released. I am upgrading from R5D1, is this guide accurate for an upgrade from R5D1 to R5F27?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:22 pm 
Site Admin
The information still hold valid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:29 pm 
If we do an upgrade, it imports the mysql database from the backup.

In order to use schedules direct, will I have to delete my sources or anything like that? I have to manually setup my HD channels, so I want to know what I have to manually backup for reference if I have to do that again manually...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:38 pm 
The phase 2 installer will guide you through it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:13 pm 
tjc wrote:

I don't see anything under phase 2 that mentions schedules direct. Am I missing something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:42 pm 
kmkittre wrote:
tjc wrote:

I don't see anything under phase 2 that mentions schedules direct. Am I missing something?
You will be instructed during the installation of R5F27, it's not in the R5F1 Hints and tips. Phase 2 that tjc refers to is during the configuration steps (after initial installation).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:52 pm 
Slow, did you go through the upgrade process? How did it go? If I remember correctly you and I had similarly configured our HD channels...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:19 pm 
kmkittre wrote:
Slow, did you go through the upgrade process? How did it go? If I remember correctly you and I had similarly configured our HD channels...
I upgraded via .20 fixes using Watto's script with some minor tweaking. When I went through the upgrade my channel settings were maintained, all you should need to do is go back into mythtv-setup and switch your Video sources to use SchedulesDirect (SD). I ran mythfilldatabase after that and all was good.

I have upgraded a test system using R5F27 and it was basically the same routine. The installation process will remind you until you change your existing sources (it checks the database to make sure no Zap2It/DataDirect accounts are listed, if I remember correctly). The upgrade was very simple, no issues with it. Be sure to go over tjc's Hints and Tips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:27 pm 
I did an upgrade today from R5A15 (had been running rock-solid since early 2005, but the zap2it departure finally necessitated an upgrade) to R5F1, and this guide made it pretty painless. I did get a "restoration failed" message at one point, but everything seemed to work OK afterwards.

The only problem I have now is the channels are all called "Added channel 2", etc. I'm guessing it's a Schedules Direct quirk, I'll wait a day or two and try to update my video source.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:49 am 
aaronb wrote:
I did an upgrade today from R5A15 (had been running rock-solid since early 2005, but the zap2it departure finally necessitated an upgrade) to R5F1, and this guide made it pretty painless. I did get a "restoration failed" message at one point, but everything seemed to work OK afterwards.

The only problem I have now is the channels are all called "Added channel 2", etc. I'm guessing it's a Schedules Direct quirk, I'll wait a day or two and try to update my video source.
If you upgraded to R5F1 as you stated above, you have no access to SchedulesDirect. You need R5F27 for that (or to compile from SVN)...

Post subject: R5F1 -> R5F27
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:51 am 
A lot of the issues in this guide have to do with upgrading from older versions of Knoppmyth to R5F* and I was wondering there was anything to be wary of when going from R5F1 to R5F27. I have a relatively new install of R5F1 running well now, with no add-ons or customizations. The only adjustments I had to make were the osd_compat=1 flag to get the PVR-350 out to work and I disabled a module to get my remote working more reliably. Should this upgrade be pretty straightforward? Thanks for your help.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next