View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:53 am 
This post describes everything I had to do to export a show to mp3. It didn't work right out of the box, but I was able to get things going without too much hastle. I learned a few things about pacman and LinHES along the way.

I opened a terminal window and typed nuvexport. It failed to run with some error about needing the cvs or svn version of ffmpeg. I tried running ffmpeg -version from the comandline, and got this error message:
Code:
>ffmpeg -version
ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libfaad.so.1
[/code][/quote]

Some googling revealed that I might need to switch from the ffmpeg to the ffmpeg-svn package. See http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20223&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight= and http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20158&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30. First to see what ffmpeg you have installed do this:
Code:
pacman -Q | grep ffmpeg

Sure enough, I had the old crappy ffmpeg, not the new shiny ffmpeg-svn. To get the new version, run this command:
Code:
sudo pacman -S ffmpeg-svn

It will warn you about a conflicting package. Instruct pacman to remove the old one. Now ffmpeg runs without library dependency problems, and nuvexport will start with the familiar menu.

However, option 8. Export to MP3 was disabled because I didn't have an id3tag program installed. I ran this command to see what id3 libraries are available:
Code:
pacman -Sl | grep id3

I ran this command to see which id3 packages were already installed:
Code:
pacman -Q | grep id3

I had libid3tag, but not id3lib so I installed id3lib using this command:
Code:
sudo pacman -S id3lib

Now when I run nuvexport, option 8. Export to MP3 is enabled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:58 pm 
There is also /usr/LH/bin/myth2mp3 that can be set up as a User Job and will export the show as an mp3 to your /myth/music directory. It also respects the cutlist if there is one.

Britney