View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:05 pm 
FYI now that the forums are password protected the script can no longer connect and get the correct URL for the download.

Post subject: PCI Bus ID - R5A30.2
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:17 am 
Manually changed the bus id in the XF86Config to the value derived from the commands above - then it worked fine.

Thanks for your work on the script.

P4-1.8/256/500/dvdrw/pvr350,pvr250

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:04 pm 
First of all, I must echo the others in this thread: You folks have a great community here. I've spent approx. 15 hours read thread after thread and the many fine references made to other sites. SnapperDragon, the script is awesome.

Sadly, it shouldn't have taken my 15 hours to get to my current point. I thought something was amiss when I originally installed R5A16 and SnapperDragon's script to use my 350's composite TV-out when my monitor screen would suddenly offset and freeze. *At least* 15 hours later (over 3 days) and installing R5A30.2 instead and again running the script and once again getting my monitor offsetting and hanging, I ssh'd in and started looking (but not altering) while leaving the mythbox running. I went to the other room, and there was MythTV frontend on my TV! Wonderful! Sound too!

Remote works great, even though it's from ATi. However, the monitor weirdness is annoying. Why is it frozen and offset so strangely?

Monitor is plugged into onboard video, "Watch TV" is working great, R5A30.2 of KnoppMyth installed, no tinkering done on anything. Monitor does its craziness just as ivtv finished initializing, although it's hard to tell due to the offset monitor text.

Ideas? I know you have 'em.

BTW, while I am much more knowledgable than I was 3 days ago, still quite n00bish here. I did try many searches (through this forum and google) but might not be using the correct terms.

Thanks for your time and knowledge thus far!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:46 am 
Ah! Just realized that this was quietly addressed by Greenstalk and SnapperDragon a couple months ago. The ability to mirror the MythTV frontend to both the VGA and TV-out using non-nvidia cards was *not* possible at the moment, apparently. Or at least, it wasn't possible then.

Any updates on this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:44 pm 
Not sure, but I think the monitor (vga out ) is just showing what was last in it's memory. I've seen this also but I just ignore it since it gets replaced by the correct output once all the sofware loads and gets directed out the PVR-350.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:46 pm 
Fidelis, I think you experienced the same feeling I did when I first got TV and desktop out via the PVR-350. It's like "EUREKA" when it finally happens.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:11 pm 
This is regarding the pvr.pl script initiated by running getpvr.pl from the root in order to enable TV out on a Hauppauge 350 tuner card:

I know that setup won't automatically provide a download URL for pvr.pl since the passwords were implemented, but I have had great success entering http://dc1.snapperworld.net/files/mythtv/pvr.pl at the URL request line. Something appears to be different today: the URL is non-responsive. I'm not sure if I'm not doing something right with R5B7, or if snapperdragon is down for some reason... both of which seem like unlikely possibilities!

Last edited by agentpeay on Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:04 pm 
Yeah, the URL isn't working for me either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:48 pm 
Yes.. the url don't work anymore.. what can we do ?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:27 am 
SnapperDragon wrote:
3/17/2006 - Apparantly I need to update the script to account for a passworded site. I will try to take care of that soon, and possibly have support for 30.2.

I just noticed this update on the sticky from the main post of this thread.. and since we haven't heard fron SnapperDragon, I guess we can assume he's working on it now... ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:28 pm 
Except the domain times out, too. I think the host went down.

Stinks because the Tv-out on my pvr-350 is the only thing I have left to set up. Got everything else working (thank god for the forum "search" function), just waiting on this link to come back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:19 pm 
is there any way to just copy the script to the machine without having to download it with another script?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:10 am 
Any idea of when this script is coming back? I wanna know if I should stop waiting and proceed with some other manual pvr-350 tv out instructions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:24 am 
The file is online again, but the script doesn't work for me. Apparently it's not downloading anything called "pvr.pl" Is it supposed to work with R5B7?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:31 am 
i got it working pretty far myself by using the wget command ... it detects my box as R5Beta7 and it tries to download a script that is specific to that version. it tries to dl "R5Beta7-pvr350.pl" and that file is not on the server yet if you look in the directory:

http://dc1.snapperworld.net/files/mythtv/

i guess snapperdragon is working on it right now

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next