View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:40 am 
This is as much for my own sake when I forget what it took to fix my remote control issues after a power cycle next time!

It seems that unless I do the deep power cycle, meaning pull the plug for a few minutes per ivtv known problems and the wiki http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=CompileIvtv-0.10.0, my pvr-150 doesn't recognize the Haupage remote properly. My experience is rather limited in Linux, so if anyone has any suggestions are experience with this matter, I'd be happy to try some things and/or report back appropriate logs. I have tried the reconfig lirc script, but neither that nor a system restore seems to do the trick until I pull the plug. I assume this has to do with forcing the firmware load into the pvr150.

In hindsight, I believe I had a similar issue with R5E50, but was never able to put my finger on it. Net result is finally dedicating a UPS to the machine, something I imagine should have been done anyway!

arri

500gb SATA
1x Plextor PX-M402U
1x HD5000
R5.5 Upgrade from F27

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:13 pm 
My remote acted flakey after I upgrade to R5F1 earlier this month to accommodate the change of the EPG source. I followed the suggestions in this thread. http://www.mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15219&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

tjc sums things up nicely at the end of the thread so you may want to just go straight to the end. I used version 0.10.5 of IVTV. The remote works great now.

-s-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:13 pm 
The summary in that thread is slightly out of date:

- R5F27 has the "latest" modules, and "upgrading" to any 0.10.x version of the ivtv modules will break your system.

- The R5F27 hints have the most up to date steps to take.