View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:24 pm 
For PVR-500/150 users using R5A15 or later who are using the recent ivtv-0.3.{3,4}[a-z] drivers:

The make install in the drivers/ subdirectory pushes the modules to the following directory correctly:

Code:
/lib/modules/2.6.11.7-chw-4/ivtv/

However, I noticed that upon startup, my 500's tuners were still not recognized. I had to copy tveeprom.ko, tuner.ko and tda9887.ko to this directory as well to get things working:

Code:
/lib/modules/2.6.11.7-chw-4/v4l2/

Well, technically, I backed up the three old files first before copying the new ones into that directory.

I don't recall having to do this with earlier R4 and R5's. That may be because under R5A15.1, I didn't manually add ivtv to the /etc/modules file (perhaps above v4l2 related modules?), so the three v4l2-related modules get loaded earlier? If that's the case, any comments on which way would have been better?

Also, while the ivtv-fw-* firmware files were already in /lib/modules under R5A15.1 (unless they were restored from my mythbackup, which I doubt), I did have to manually add the /lib/modules/HcwMakoA.ROM file so that my PVR-500 would do audio.

-brendan