View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:28 pm 
Hope this will be useful to any of you using the Blueosd theme. I have changed my osd.xml file to improve the program description box and provide a multiline display. This does not matter which GUI theme you are using. (I'm using Visor btw) I was fed up with not being able to read the program description in full.

Basically I reduced the description font size, changed it to multi-line display, enlarged the background .png file a bit, and moved the text boxes around a bit to improve the look. Here's HowTo do it:

$ cd /usr/share/mythtv/themes/blueosd/
$ su

# cp osd.xml osd.xml.orig (in case you mess it up !)
# edit osd.xml

Create a new "infofont2" section the same as "infofont", but make the font size=12
Next go through the containers for "program_info" and "browse_info", and change the various font and position lines. The html files shows the differences.

Have a look here http://pete1.no-ip.com/mythtv/blueosd/ to see the files I changed, and a differences report.

Enjoy, :D
Pete

Post subject: Thanks...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:24 pm 
This was a great tip and thanks for it..... Do you have any advice for how I would increase the font size within the program guide?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:27 am 
Not sure, cos I haven't played around with that bit much yet. I know you can change it in the appearance settings screens. The defaults look good on my 33" widescreen.

My gripe in that area is there are three font settings : Large, Med & Small, but nowhere does it say which is used for which.

I nw know that I can find the answer in the ui.xml file, but I think there needs to be a doc or an on-screen hint like the other options.

I will look into this at the weekend. Maybe I can insert a hint line in the ui.xml file ?

Pete

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:00 pm 
I tried this out and it works great. Thanks for the work you put into this :)

DeQuire

pwood999 wrote:
Hope this will be useful to any of you using the Blueosd theme. I have changed my osd.xml file to improve the program description box and provide a multiline display. This does not matter which GUI theme you are using. (I'm using Visor btw) I was fed up with not being able to read the program description in full.

Basically I reduced the description font size, changed it to multi-line display, enlarged the background .png file a bit, and moved the text boxes around a bit to improve the look. Here's HowTo do it:

$ cd /usr/share/mythtv/themes/blueosd/
$ su

# cp osd.xml osd.xml.orig (in case you mess it up !)
# edit osd.xml

Create a new "infofont2" section the same as "infofont", but make the font size=12
Next go through the containers for "program_info" and "browse_info", and change the various font and position lines. The html files shows the differences.

Have a look here http://pete1.no-ip.com/mythtv/blueosd/ to see the files I changed, and a differences report.

Enjoy, :D
Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:49 am 
I have been doing some experiments with the visorosd as well. This one supports program descriptions as long as you like because they are at the top of the screen.
However.....as the background is transparent at the bottom, the text becomes hard to see becuase its white over video. Black text looks horrid !

The original background gif is a nice faded blue that becomes transparent at the bottom.
Can anyone help me make a longer gif with similar colouring ? When I tried expanding it I lost the transparency.

Pete

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:15 pm 
I tried to follow the link but it's dead and I'm not sure what's needs to be changed to let the multiline fit in the description area at the bottom of the screen ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:55 am 
The original files were accidentally deleted. I've done a quick zip of the bluesosd directory for anyone that still needs them.

http://pete1.no-ip.com/mythtv/

Rgds,
Pete