View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:01 pm 
You always use the #!bash at the begining of every file that is a bash file.

That is what was missed on the tut.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:12 pm 
OK, I have attempted to install the script without luck.

Here is what happens when I run /usr/bin/irnose and press a button on my PVR350 remote :

mythtv@FreeVo:~/sounds$ /usr/bin/irnoise
/default.wav: No such file or directory

Looking at this I decided to copy the default.wav file to /default.wav

When I do this and run /usr/bin/irnose It doesn't return an error message, but it also doesn't play a sound.

Got any ideas? I followed the post written by Ille

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:05 pm 
Let me explain my setup more. . . I have 2 PVR 350's. I am using tuner 1 as the sound output for both of the cards, works nicely for me, since I only use this machine for TV. Would the MYTH button noises come from the sound card? and not from the 350?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:32 pm 
I made an attempt at this script, with all of the mentioned corrections. I receive this error message when i try to run irnoise:

Code:
mythtv: could not connect to socket
mythtv: Connection refused

Looking around, I also found these lines again in the log when starting mythfrontend, followed by "lirc_init failed for mythtv".

I plan to be running a remote soon, but I am not at the moment. Can I still use this script anyway with my keyboard?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:24 pm 
ndietz wrote:
Would the MYTH button noises come from the sound card? and not from the 350?

Yep :(

Why not feed the PVR350 sound output through the sound card line in and take the output from your sound card to the TV/stereo? That way you'll get everything (plus you can control the volume from MythTV and use Mythmusic as side benefits). You may need to play with your onboard mixer settings (aumix).

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:29 am 
te wrote:
I plan to be running a remote soon, but I am not at the moment. Can I still use this script anyway with my keyboard?

The script uses the lirc-events to get info on which button is pressed, so I don't think you can get it working without a remote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:20 pm 
Ok, I got a remote and got irnoise working. Thanks for the script.
I have noticed, however, that MythMusic suppresses the button sounds until you exit out of the plugin. Can anyone explain this behavior? Is this by design? If the sounds need to be suppressed for some functionality of MythMusic, does anyone have any ideas about how to disable the lircd script as well? I don't understand the architecture of lircd. It's obviously still processing the events. How is MythMusic suppressing / delaying the sounds? Would the use of some other playback command (instead of aplay) help?

THanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:01 pm 
OK,

So I got this to work somewhat, and I like it a lot. Couple issues however that I cannot seem to clear up.

1. Does not work in live TV, and I get a permission error, I am guessing that mythtv has control of alsa drivers or something?

2. When watching videos in MythVideo, I get the opposite of the above. I get no sound, but I get the beeps from irnoise. I did not see anyone in this thread having these problems, so any help would be great.

Thanks
B

Post subject: irnoise
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:37 am 
Hi Guys

got this working great, but after a reboot I have to drop to an xterm and execute /myth/tools/irnoise

I have changed permissions to 777 and owner/group to mythtv, and tried "exec /myth/tools/irnoise" and "exec /myth/tools/irnoise &" in the apps file in /home/mythtv/.fluxbox, but upon reboot, the changes I previously made have been removed !!! No reference at all to my adding the irnoise statement !!!!

Running R5A16, can anybody help......

Cheers
Matt Shaw
matt@shagshaw.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:00 am 
Has anyone else found that with sounds enabled navigating menus has become sluggish, i.e. if you scroll down quickly in your recordings list it appears to freeze for a few seconds? seems a nice idea but not the ideal solution...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:40 pm 
itsmebcc wrote:
OK,

So I got this to work somewhat, and I like it a lot. Couple issues however that I cannot seem to clear up.

1. Does not work in live TV, and I get a permission error, I am guessing that mythtv has control of alsa drivers or something?

2. When watching videos in MythVideo, I get the opposite of the above. I get no sound, but I get the beeps from irnoise. I did not see anyone in this thread having these problems, so any help would be great.

Thanks
B

I am having the same problem. I just upgraded to R5B7 and I am running the script as user mythtv. I looked at the script and didn't see anything that I could change to make it work with MythVideo. I would have to assume that it has something to do with both trying to access the sound card at the same time.

Any solution would be great. I really like to watch my movies from MythVideo, but the remote button sounds are cool too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:25 pm 
The first page of this thread does not display and times out. Can someone please repost the first post of this thread?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:32 am 
I posted the first post, mainly linking to this blog entry:

http://outflux.net/blog/archives/2005/10/16/mythtv-button-sounds/

Look at the comments for help about getting the sound driver set up correctly so that MythTV doesn't block the sounds for the button presses. (Hint: some sort of alsa with digital or analog mixing instead of OSS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:54 pm 
karbon wrote:
itsmebcc wrote:
OK,

Thanks
B

I am having the same problem. I just upgraded to R5B7 and I am running the script as user mythtv. I looked at the script and didn't see anything that I could change to make it work with MythVideo. I would have to assume that it has something to do with both trying to access the sound card at the same time.

Any solution would be great. I really like to watch my movies from MythVideo, but the remote button sounds are cool too.

I'm having a similar issue. My issue is with watching recordings. I've noticed if I change the audio output device in the setup (Utilities/Setup... Setup... General... Audio... Audio output device) then go to watch recordings without using the remote (and thereby not making any sounds), the sound will work. If I use the remote to navigate there, it won't work. Any thoughts?

My setup:
R5D1
2.53GHz P4
Asus P4T533-C
512MB RDRAM
Onboard Audio
Sapphire Radeon 9700 Pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:54 pm 
I just got this working.. I had the same audio oddness of WOrking Remote sounds, but no TV sounds.

AFter reading http://outflux.net/blog/archives/2005/10/16/mythtv-dpi/, I switched my Audio Device from /dev/dsp to ALSA:default, and my mixer from /dev/mixer to default.. Works perfectly :)

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next