View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:17 pm 
Hi,

I finally got my on-board GeForce4MX TV-out set to a picture that's pretty good and thought I'd pass-on my tips...

I had spent most of my time trying to adjust the hue, color, etc. while watching normal TV but this always resulted in less than optimal results. This was most evident when I was watching a Simpsons the other night and they were greenish instead of yellow :shock:

So, it turns-out that The Simpsons is a good choice to help you tune your colors (assuming you watch the show and know how things should look) since they use consistent basic colors. I adjusted things so that old Homer was yellow again, Marge's hair was the right shade of blue and Bart's shirt was red. Adjustments were easiest while the show was paused.

Then, when switching to "normal" TV shows, things looked good without the bleeding reds, funky hues, and other oddities I had been dealing with since building this box. Hopefully this tip will be useful for anyone else looking to improve their Nvidia TV-out.

If you're interested, here are the settings I ended-up with (just so you can see that some of the adjustments had to be pretty severe). Obviously these will vary for your TV/other setup, but you can still get an idea for what you need to do.

Brightness: 52%
Contrast: 50%
Colour: 29%
Hue: 3%

This is on a Mitsubishi tube screen with the TV's settings mainly default.

Hope this helps someone out there!

Mike