View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:05 pm 
Hey all,

I'm kind of a n00b at this but I'm having some trouble, so any help would be appreciated!

I built a KnoppMyth box from these components:
ChainTech Summit 7NIF2 (for built-in video, sound)
AMD Athlon XP 2500+
256MB Kingston PC2700 ValueRam
ATI bttv card I've had for about a year
180 GB drive (also have had that a while)

Anyway, I set the system up, everything worked great, it ran fine for an hour or so, and then froze solid. I blamed the TV card since it was in another system earlier, and that box also had weird freezing issues too. So I took that out and ordered a PVR-250 MCE, that came yesterday, I threw it in, and started recording random stuff to test.

It was all good for about an hour and a half, then it froze solid again. Hard lock. I rebooted, and this time, it only lasted about 2 minutes before locking up (in the MythTV menu; I wasn't even watching TV or recording at the time) I know that suggests heat problems, but I really don't think that's a big issue. It's on my desk (no case) and everything runs cool to the touch.

So... any issues on how to troubleshoot this? I've liked what I've seen of Myth (when it worked :-) and I'd like to get this working, to make it worth the money I've spent if nothing else...

(Another, possibly unrelated problem I had w/ both the PVR-250 and the bttv card: the video was just a tiny bit stuttery and jerky. Not just during fast motion, either. And yes, DMA is on. It's watchable but I kind of expected more...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:47 pm 
This is an nForce/APIC problem, it hould be resolved in the next release of KnoppMyth.

When the source is open, the possibilities are endless!