View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:20 pm 
I am trying to install mythtv with KnoppMyth R5E50.
I have got a pvr -150 with an IR blaster hoked up to it. But nothing is working. For Live TV all I see is static and the blaster is also looking silent. I followed http://knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page ... hSetTopBox for IR Blaster setup. I am trying this since a long time now so thought of asking for help.
Ok, first of all, I am trying to tune my card to get signals from my Scientific Atlanta 3200 box. I live in Toronto Canada.
I am having trouble getting started. Right now during the install I did what http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Us ... ith_MythTV (under Configuring Myth Backend) said. I changed the "Preset Tuner to channel" to 3. But after the install when I go to watch live TV all I see is static.
Can any one tell me how can I change the tuner setting or what I have do to get it working?

And for the IR Blaster I dont see the below stated logs anywhere in my syslog file. Is that the problem?
Aug 28 02:09:11 soapbox kernel: ivtv: i2c attach [client=Hauppauge PVR150 IR RX,
ok]
Aug 28 02:09:11 soapbox kernel: ivtv: i2c attach [client=Hauppauge PVR150 IR TX,
ok]
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Cando

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:05 pm 
Hmmmm. I was hoping to have had at least a couple of suggestions by now.
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Seriously- any ideas that might help, please say something!

Also I am not getting any sound out of my speakes. Any heads up? Do I have to install some kind of souncard driver?... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:10 pm 
It would be really helpful if you could give us some details about your Hardware. Details like the kind of stuff in my Signature below.

Additionally as far as your particular situation, how are you connecting the Video/Audio Source to your Capture Card and then how are you connecting the Outputs of your myth Box to your TV/Display and Stereo?

e.g. STB > Svideo and Componenet Audio > Capture Card inputs > MythBox > Video Card & On Board Sound card > Svideo and Mini stereo Plug to Component Stereo > Display and Stereo system input.

If you are using an IR Blaster like the included unit with a Hauppauge 150 card then yes you should be seeing those i2c attachments. Usually they show up right after the *************Exit IVTV*************** but can be a little farther down.

Give us some details and we can help you.

SBE: AMD Dur1800, 512M, PVR500