View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:56 am 
Hi,
I have got an irblaster and SA 3200 settop box and am running R5E50. When I go to live TV and change channel to let say 33 it changes. Then when I press the channel up and channel down button it doesn’t show 34 or 33 rather it shows 3 or 995. Is there something wrong that I did in Input connections choices in mythtv-setup setup? I don’t want to do
Code:
touch .configure
and go in the configuration again as I fear of loosing my recorded programs. Is there a configure file which I can change to solve this issue?

Also, when I am watching live TV its recording and saving it for some reason. When I go in view recordings I see a lot of blank recordings… these are the live TV which I was watching? What’s going on here? Any idea/s?

I was also wondering if I have to add another tuner card will I have to get another settop box? Any link on this one?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:20 am 
cando wrote:
Hi,
I have got an irblaster and SA 3200 settop box and am running R5E50. When I go to live TV and change channel to let say 33 it changes. Then when I press the channel up and channel down button it doesn’t show 34 or 33 rather it shows 3 or 995.
I don't know about this one (I am not using a cable STB or IRBlaster) but my guess(tm) is there's something wrong with your channel changing script or your lirc definitions.

cando wrote:
Is there something wrong that I did in Input connections choices in mythtv-setup setup? I don’t want to do
Code:
touch .configure
and go in the configuration again as I fear of loosing my recorded programs.
You don't have to do that, you can Alt-X from the GUI screen and type mythtv-setup to reconfigure any settings therein. You will not lose your recordings by running mythtv-setup.

cando wrote:
Also, when I am watching live TV its recording and saving it for some reason. When I go in view recordings I see a lot of blank recordings… these are the live TV which I was watching? What’s going on here? Any idea/s?
Yep, a search would have turned up numerous posts about this. "LiveTV" is not actually "live", it's recorded to allow you to pause/rewind/etc. Those recordings are first on the Auto-expire list and will be removed within a day or two (unless you changed the functionality in the setup). There is a setting to not show those files in the list of recordings, not in front of my boxen right now so I can't tell you where, probably in TV settings somewhere...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:30 am 
Awesome slowtolearn for clearing things up!
I will try
slowtolearn wrote:
can Alt-X from the GUI screen and type mythtv-setup to reconfigure any settings therein.

as I get home!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:45 pm 
No need for the xterm, Alt-S will run mythtv-setup directly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:08 pm 
Ok I did what tjc said

tjc wrote:

I stooped the back end then configured setup but it didn’t work.
So I did
Code:
 touch .configure  :(
This did the trick (there was a misconfiguration before). When I changed to a channel and pressed up/down I was getting the next and the previous channels.
But, when I restarted my machine the old configuration was somehow back and the channel up/down got screwed up again.

Whats wrong? Why were the files not update?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:31 pm 
cando wrote:
Ok I did what tjc said

tjc wrote:

I stooped the back end then configured setup but it didn’t work.
So I did
Code:
 touch .configure  :(
This did the trick (there was a misconfiguration before). When I changed to a channel and pressed up/down I was getting the next and the previous channels.
But, when I restarted my machine the old configuration was somehow back and the channel up/down got screwed up again.

Whats wrong? Why were the files not update?
Was the backend stopped when you made the changes? I don't use the shortcuts so I don't know if Alt-S stops the backend...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:33 pm 
It does not. You need to do that using the outher shortcuts. Documented in detail here: http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=GettingBackIntoMytTVsetup