View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:23 am 
Some more newbie questions:

I am interested in having a WAP-user for my MythWeb.
After some searching I found a MythWAP package developed in 2003, some discussion from 2005, and not much recently.

Is this feature pre-built into MythTV / KnoppMyth R5F1? I was thinking it was the 'compact' template found in the mythweb settings. Is that what I am looking for?

As for the compact template also, I tried enabling it in mythweb and the template didn't seem to change when I refreshed (while other settings, like color schemes, did change when I adjusted the settings). Should I be able to see the difference between the two immediately?

Other references I found were inside the /etc/mythtv/mythweb-config.php file where it seems there are settings for WML, WAP, and default. If this is the case, how does Apache determine if I am on a computer or cell phone/PDA to adjust those configurations accordingly? Is that something I set up when I create a user, or is it automated?

I also didn't quite understand why there is a seperate WML and WAP settings in mythweb-config.php. I thought WAP was the protocol, and WML was the language used in the WAP protocol. Any light to shed on this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:50 am 
A search would have given you this:
http://www.mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewto ... hlight=wap

MicroAtx Case
2 PVR250's w/remote
eVGA e-GeForce mx4000 (64 Ram with Tv/Out (Svideo))
Lite-on DVD cd-rw combo
120 GB Western Digital

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:46 am 
Thanks!

I saw during my search earlier and wasnt sure if it still applied to the latest release. I questioned it mainly because WAP and WML template directories are shown in the R5F1 release under /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/modules/_shared/tmp1/wap and wml.
So I wasn't sure if they were just placeholders for now or if they were full features that I didn't have access to. I saw they weren't defined in the drop down box in mythweb settings (session.php).

I guess it is that it is just a currently known problem and that workaround seems like it'll do the job. So I'll give it a shot tonight.

I guess I am also still a little confused by the fact there are template directories for both wml and wap, since wml to me seems like a language used in the wap protocol (one of the same template-wise).