View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Recording wrong channels
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:40 am 
Hi everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone else is having this problem. This has happened to me twice this week where I select a show to record from the program guide and I record the wrong program. The actual titles of the show I wanted to record show up in my recordings but the shows themselves are wrong. This has happened on two different channels and is not consistent since I have recorded on those channels before and recorded the right show. Also if anyone is wondering, when I go to watch tv they are the right stations. Weird!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:20 am 
Are you using an IR blaster to change your channels? Maybe it's not quite configured properly and is missing some of your channel changes. Perhaps it's not positioned over the reciever in your cable/satelite box quite exactly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:32 pm 
IRblaster or other IR emitter related problem is the first thing that occurred to me too.

I use an ir emitter to change channels on my Motorola stb and unfortunately, the stb uses RAW ir signals which seem to be unreliable.
Occasionally, instead of switching to say channel 100 it will miss a digit and go to 10 or try an unavailable channel and swith to something REALLY weird...

If you are NOT using an ir emitter, I am not sure....