View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:16 pm 
I also have extreme video jitter (not sure of the correct term here but the video output is horrible--nfl games give me a headache with the white yardline markers almost blinking at me). To be specific when I pause the video it is CRYSTAL CLEAR. But when I play the video it is horribly bad.

Also when I hit "play" a second time to see the time or place within the recording that I'm at, the box is horribly fuzzy. If I pause the video tho, this box is crystal clear also.

I'm going to try some of the tips on tjc's R5.5 upgrade hints to see if it resolves things. Anyone else have this issue?

Lastly has anyone experienced the old R5F27 bug where new recordings have no audio on R5.5? I had this issue on R5F27 and it seemed to just go away after a while, now it's back on my auto upgrade to R5.5.

Thanks!

Abby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:38 am 
re: picture quality

Figured it out. The Playback Profile section had to be reset to "normal". End of problem.

Anybody know where documentation on all this cpu++ and cpu-- stuff is?

Thanks.

Abby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:20 am 
abigailsweetashoney wrote:
Anybody know where documentation on all this cpu++ and cpu-- stuff is?

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Playback_profiles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:03 am 
Hi,

I'm having the same issue. After looking at the profile table i think the best setting for the PVR350 is CPU-- (and not normal as you setabigailsweetashoney).

I will try it tonight.

Thanks for the link
Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:19 am 
Well I read some thread that said using Xnvc no matter what... so I created a custom profile which had one rule--use it! I got super choppyness but at least the picture and OSD were clear! So I knew I was on to something. So I kept trying all the settings--even "use pvr350 out" and couldn't get rid of the choppyness.

So I went with normal. End of problem.

Good luck.

Abby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:30 am 
playback profiles >> Ok I just RTFM and I'm in shock. Are there a lot of people who muck with the playback profiles and tweak things? It seems really off the deep end for casual users like myself. I mean "Hi-5" looks great in "normal" mode I can't imagine Jen looking much better in cpu++ mode. hehe

Abby