View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: mythbrowser and NetFlix
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:01 pm 
Hi People,
I have been searching out there for a while and have run across much information, but I am still having some issues. If anyone could answer one of these questions that would be great.

Issue 1: in trying to setup NetFlix and using the mythbrowser I could not find the location of the "cookies" (I actually do not know if it is even excepting cookies here). If I could get this I may be able to setup with the default mythbrowser (and yes I have followed the instructions on the WIKI, they did not mention the cookie location).

or

Issue 2:
I have installed firefox (version 3.0.5) (and changed my default browser to firefox) got the cookie, setup the netflix que and can see the que. But the problem is I had to setup a "wrapper" for firefox to load (it did not like some argument that was being passed). Therefore it is not coming up with the netflix page when I hit "show netflix page" (which is how I think it is executed on the system).

or

recommend a browser that you think will work for me. I would applicate the help (my 2 year old has been getting us up at 3:00AM and my brain has just not been working lately).

Thanks,

Paul

Asus M2NPV-VM - 1GB RAM - 40 GB Hard Disk - StreamZap
Frontend_2
Dragon 1.0 w/ 2G RAM - 40 GB Hard Disk StreamZap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:35 pm 
Site Admin
What is it you are trying to accomplish? If you are looking to stream movies, you cannot. If you are looking to manage your queue, then there is the MythFlix plugin. Information Center > NetFlix.

Post subject: Good Question
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:25 pm 
Hi Cecil,

Good question,

My goal is to be able to be able to watch (stream) netflix movies on my already cool knoppix box (and the frontends if I can get that working).

I currently can already manage the queue thru the MythFlix plugin. But, maybe I just do not fully understand how the product works (I see from your question that it looks like there are 2 parts to this). It was my understanding (or miss-understanding) that I could use the MythFix plugin to do both manage the queue and watch movies from netflix. I thought you might be able to hit the "show netflix page" button in the MythFlix plugin queue (I though this was how you launched the stream session - stream to a browser).

Since I have the queue working I will ask another dumb question. Do I need to not go thru MythFlix plugin and use MythStream instead?

Thanks for helping point me in the write direction

Asus M2NPV-VM - 1GB RAM - 40 GB Hard Disk - StreamZap
Frontend_2
Dragon 1.0 w/ 2G RAM - 40 GB Hard Disk StreamZap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:55 pm 
falinskip, afaik we can't get there from here. Netflix doesn't support linux.

Would be GREAT if maybe we could get something to line up beside hulu in MythVodka. But this is likely a long ways away.