View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:51 pm 
here is a typical snipit from the lirc file...
Quote:
begin
prog = mythtv
button = Off
config = Esc
end

im trying to understand how it works so i can customize it... ok here we go.

prog = mythtv to create on / customize does this mean that the process must be named mythtv?? in other words can i create a new one called nano and setup lirc for it?? or does the software need to be lirc ready/compatible??

button = Off is this the remote button?? if yes how do i tell which button is the off button..(of course its labled. .but some buttons arnt. how do i tell what those buttons are called by?

config = Esc is this the keyboard equivilant for the command?? so if i changed this to 1, it would hit the 1 key when i hit the off button on the remote??

i hope im makeing alittle bit of sense, its hard to word these questions..
:)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:21 am 
gr8nash wrote:
here is a typical snipit from the lirc file...
Quote:
begin
prog = mythtv
button = Off
config = Esc
end

im trying to understand how it works so i can customize it... ok here we go.

prog = mythtv to create on / customize does this mean that the process must be named mythtv?? in other words can i create a new one called nano and setup lirc for it?? or does the software need to be lirc ready/compatible??

the process doesn't have to be named mythtv, in my lircrc file I have some for mplayer too, and xine. And yes the program has to be lirc aware or you can use irxevent, but that still would not work for nano since it's not an X app.
Quote:
button = Off is this the remote button?? if yes how do i tell which button is the off button..(of course its labled. .but some buttons arnt. how do i tell what those buttons are called by?

if you read through the whole file I think it should be fairly easy to figure out. I think the only buttons not labeled are the color buttons and one other one. In the file you'll notice a red, yellow blue and green, and a blank. (This is of course considering a hauppage grey remote, but you'll need one of those to use the default lirc file anyways.)
Quote:

config = Esc is this the keyboard equivilant for the command?? so if i changed this to 1, it would hit the 1 key when i hit the off button on the remote??

yes
Quote:
i hope im makeing alittle bit of sense, its hard to word these questions..
:)

Xsecrets