View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:59 am 
After a conversation with a friend of mine, I thought I'd check out the current state of elisa. He said he used to run knoppmyth, but now runs elisa due to it's prettiness on his HD TV.

Elisa has become Moovidia relatively recently and I installed it on my ubuntu box. I liked the way the backgrounds changed to reflect the movie preview you were looking at and it found all the information automagically!

Unfortunately my better half came in while I was checking it out and said "Why doesn't Myth look this good?"

So, hence this question: As linux can look that slick, why doesn't R6 use it as a frontend?

I am still a fan of LinHes / KnoppMyth and not planning to change soon. Knoppmyth showed me the world of free software and I love the features R6 is delivering up but we can make it look sexier.

I think if LinHes had a similar frontend (looks-wise) to and some of the automatic information finding Moovidia includes out-of the-box LinHes would be the de-facto media centre.

What do people think?

Chris

Oh moovidia can be foundhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:29 am 
XBMC is also high on the eye candy. The next release of MythTV (0.22) has a more flexible frontend for themes and such. So, a better look is possible with this version, however there are none out there yet which can compare to XBMC.

If you want to run XBMC on R6, it is available.

Code:
pacman -Sy xbmc-svn

There is also a mythtv python script plugin that works ok.

http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19863

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:10 pm 
Site Admin
In my mind, a "media center" isn't a media center if it doesn't do TV. MythTV is the best solution for TV. That said, the GUI of MythTV is getting a major overhaul in 0.22 with more to come in 0.23.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:45 am 
Thanks for the repy cecil,
Mind you I posted this ages ago and i'd had a while away from playing with linux (though still running R6) - just being a user for a while
Looking forward to .22