View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:17 pm 
Hello, I'm using a Pvr-350 and having problems with the output only being in black in white. I apologize if this has already been covered many times, but i couldnt find a solution by searching the forums or reading tvout guides. The tv is ntsc. The problem im having is not related to XFree86. when running modprobe saa7127 test_image=1 my tv displays the test image in black and white. This is using ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck100z version of the ivtv driver. I have also experienced the same results when using the both ivtv-0.1.9.tar and the pre-installed driver in knoppmyth v4r5, with the command modprobe saa7127 enable_output=1 output_select=1 test_image=1. Any help in getting this card to display color output would be really appreciated. (The machine was a christmas present to my parents last christmas and i'm feeling pretty guilty about it never actually working, so if worse comes to worse could you recommend what card(s) i should buy for tv recording and output. I have one agp slot and one pci slot on the shuttlepc ). :oops:

-Mike Powers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:57 pm 
Mike,

I had a similar problem in one of my earlier attempts and found that I had a defective s-video cable. If you are using the s-video connection of the PVR-350 try another s-video cable or use the composite cable to your TV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:38 pm 
thanks for the quick reply rod821, I dont think the problem lies with the S-Video cable as I use the same cable w/ my Standalone dvd player with no problems, and I have also tested composite on on the pvr-350 with the same results.