View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:19 am 
hi list i recieve the following error when i scan for channels in mythtv setup it says error tuning to transport does anyone know what this might mean at all any help would be most appreciated thanks in advance
bye
signed phillip cole

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:50 am 
It might help to give us a little context here. Like... what kind of tuner card are you using? Remember, Myth works with ATSC, NTSC, DVB, (maybe) firewire, etc., etc., etc. Your issue does not sound familiar to me, but I suspect you're a DVB user because of the "scanning" thing. I think it's the only tuner that scans the band to find its channels. Most of us get it from the XML data dump.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:41 pm 
hi i am runninf a visionplus dvb-t high deffinition tv card i am in australia i am usinf a svb card when we do a scan for channels whe find no channels
now when it searches if i press alt tab it brings up the little black window and it appears to be looking for the channels ok and everything appears ok except that it finds no channels and signal strength is a big fat sero ok any help most appreciated thanks in advance
bye
signed phillip cole

It might help to give us a little context here. Like... what kind of tuner card are you using? Remember, Myth works with ATSC, NTSC, DVB, (maybe) firewire, etc., etc., etc. Your issue does not sound familiar to me, but I suspect you're a DVB user because of the "scanning" thing. I think it's the only tuner that scans the band to find its channels. Most of us get it from the XML data dump.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:30 pm 
Error tuning to transport means that the card cannot lock onto any digital data at the frequency it is tuned to.

Currently, MythTV needs you to type in frequencies of the DVB transmitters, and possibly the bandwidth. So, in mythtv-setup when you press scan, it will come up with a screen full of tuning options. Type in a valid frequency for your area (say SBS at 571500000) and Australia's bandwidth (7000000), and see what happens.

If that works, hit Cancel (escape) a few times to go back to that screen, and type in the frequency of the next channel (say, Prime/NBN at 191625000) and scan again. Repeat until you run out of local frequencies.

Then edit the channel numbers to your liking, and edit the XMLTV ids (to something like free.Sydney.9.d1.com.au) and you should be done.