View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:43 pm 
Hallo All,

after getting a new Philips LCD-TV I chose to give KnoppMyth a try for the new setup of my mythbox. First of all, a painless install and a working system in about 1 hour , most of which was waiting for the mythfilldatabase run.

On problem persists however. It's a problem with the unichrome drivers and I'll post the question on the unichrome ML as well, but maybe someone else has a solution here.

The mythbox is connected to the TV via the VGA - DVI adapter supplied by Philips.

My TV won't accept the 800x600 SVGA modeline when run through the via unichrome driver. It switches to 756p instead, which gives a distorted picture.

The TV recognises my laptop's signal correctly, as well as the same modeline from the mythbox when I switch to the vesa driver (of course this won't suffice for playback, but the X desktop displays and scales nicely on the TV, not only in SVGA, but also in XVGA). Therefore my guess is, that the timings or sync on the unichrome is somewhat different. The TV needs the VESA standard timings and sync, otherwise it assumes it's an HDTV signal.

Mythbox is an Eden M6000, TV is a Philips 32PF9986, Knoppmyth Version R5A15.1.

Other than that the box runs nicely using the TV out (after adding Overscan the DVI port won't recognise any valid signal, BTW)

So maybe it's just one option in the XF86Config?

Thanks for your tips, I'd really like to get the added quality using the VGA out directly.

TIA,

Torsten