View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:28 pm 
I've been playing with MythGame and the SNES emulation.

First, some observations...

If your ROM files extensions are not UPPER CASE, when you select your game and zsnes goes to launch it, it'll just end up inside the GUI and not load the game. Your files must have an upper case extension like .SMC and not .smc. Looks like a brain-dead zsnes thing. [This seems to happen, though, just with the command line options passed by mythgame. Running zsnes manually doesn't have this hangup with the case of filename extensions.]

It looks like MythGame passes some outright crazy command line options to zsnes. "/usr/bin/zsnes -st -alt -ne -soundquality 4 /myth/games/snes/roms/romfilename.SMC". These don't even appear to be valid options for zsnes, but it accepts them because they start with the correct letter for other valid commands.

Full screen is easily set by manually launching SNES and setting the video mode to a fullscreen mode. The command line argument "-cs" might help, but you'd have to be able to modify what mythgame is passing to zsnes. Unfortunately, for me, the "-ne" flag that it pushes, when in full screen mode, drags zsnes to an unusable crawl. It sets full scanlines.

Question...

How easy is it to change the command line arguments that mythgame is passing to zsnes? I'd rather work within the application to get it to work, but I'm considering creating a shell wrapper for zsnes to discard all but the last argument (the filename) and to add my own parameters like "-m -t" to disable to GUI and to enable NTSC timing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:39 pm 
jmccorm wrote:
I've been playing with MythGame and the SNES emulation.

I think I'm seeing my problem. I would almost swear that I was crippled by the default installation settings. The emulator was set to snes9x but the binary was set to "/usr/bin/zsnes". Is this configured to be mis-matched out of the box or did I do the stupid on my own?