View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:00 pm 
After going through every site I can find and every thread I can find I'm ready to just post here and see if anyone can point out whatever it is that I am not doing properly.

I started with the info from the wiki http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=NFSHowTo and got nowhere. I've added the command to several boot scripts and created a script to try to run it. The funny part, if I manually run any of the modified scripts after boot- it mounts. If I manually type in the command, it mounts. It simply will not mount at boot, not with fstab, not with a script... I've tried a smbfs commands as well, again it will mount manually like a champ but will not load at boot.

At this point I'd be content with adding a menu option that runs the script. See I'm building a file server and as of right now none of the front ends will mount it unless I go out of the myth gui and go to a term window and run it- which is not an option with the amount of people who use the system. I really just want it mount at boot, like everyone else has working apparently. What did you guys do?

Post subject: Getting closer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:35 pm 
Well found an issue- the mounts seem to only work when logged in as root. As the regular user (laptopfront or front1- regular users are not named mythtv) the mounting does not work. This means that adding the mount to say, bootmisc.sh, will work if the mount command is set to do it as root. SO how do you write a mount command to run as root (sudo does not do it in the script, however it will work if manually typing in the command as regular user). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:04 pm 
There are options ("user" or "users" which overide the default of "nouser") you can put in /etc/fstab to allow non-root users to mount a particular file system. The easiest way to set this up is probably using the webmin interface...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:32 pm 
Sounds like you're trying to create a home entertainment system. Perhaps a search for LinHES.

When the source is open, the possibilities are endless!