View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:38 am 
I am not a linux guru. I have enough knowledge to setup and run linux but when it comes to caputure cards and ivtv - bbtv - mythtv i am a NOOB. I have spent about 18 hour on the thing and i am not going to give up !

HARDWARE-
Gigabyte mainboard 865chipset with P4 3.2Ghz 775
2GIG ram
5900Ultra,
marvell yukon gigabit nic
MCE PVR-500

Now that we have that covered i will explain my problem.

The first time that i installed R5A15 i tryed with default setting and then i got just static in live tv. I found that i cannot use the scan channels button in the mythtv-setup. i have tryed various ivtv versions and with various outcomes, some a red screen and then others just static.

the 2nd time i followed the tutorial on :
http://www.bitbenderforums.com/~ralpha6 ... mythtv.htm
on just got static.

The problem (i believe) is that i cannot get the channel information into mythtv. When i am logged in and running mythtv-setup as the user mythtv the scan for channels is greyed out. When i am in as root then i just cant tab to it or click it.

Is there a way of manually inputing the infomation into mythtv? (Advanced button also greyed out)

When i download the infomation from tv_grab_Au and input the data into myth backend does it get frequency information or is it just guide DATA?

Also i had to install the nic drivers manually and the logitec wireless kb and mouse didnt work in the setup program(i just pluged in a ps2 one)