View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Upgrading to knoppmyth
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:36 pm 
A quick question

I've been running mythtv for over a year from v0.7 on Mandrake. I've been fairly unhappy about the current performance of my box for a good while, and have been mulling over rebuilding it.

It currently runs mandrake 9.2, upgraded from 9.0 via 9.1, and I think that this is the main reason it's crap, plus there's various bits of other crap on there. The box really needs razing. Knoppmyth looks like the quickest and most painless way to rebuild the box.

My question is.. If I backup my music, images, and any .recorded programs, can I install knoppmyth as a new install, and then copy back my .xmltv files, lirc config, and my database, and reasonably expect all to be well?

Thanks for any replies

Cheers

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:38 pm 
well I would say if you did it properly yes, but since you are running on 0.7 and knoppmyth has 0.14 I don't know If I remember correctly the database has see quite a few changes over that period of time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:43 pm 
sorry if my original post was confusing - I'm currently running Mythtv v0.14 on mandrake 9.2.

One of the major issues I have with the current box is that I can only record at 1/2 vertical resolution. I'm in the UK, and the PAL vertical res is 576 lines. If I push the recording resolution in myth past 288, then I start suffering really bad motion issues. I have played with all manner of possible fixes, but to no avail. I'm pretty sure it happened when I upgraded from Mandrake 9.1 to 9.2.

Cheers
Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:48 pm 
well then if you are on 0.14 you should be able to do it then. I'm not sure how all that works, but if you know how to export databases and stuff then you should be fine, the only problem I could see is that the files may not be stored in the same dir on knoppmyth which might confuse the database.