View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:22 am 
I have just upgraded to R5F1 from R5E50. I had the spdif audio working fine on my Intel DG965WH motherboard previously. I had the problem everyone else is having with alsaconf and alsamixer hanging, but was able to fix that with the directions in http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15428&highlight=alsa and I also followed the alsa upgrade directions on the alsa wiki specific to my motherboard. I can now unmute spdif and get it to stick.

The real (major) problem now is that there isn't any audio coming out!! I did get audio once briefly, but it was gone on reboot. I removed my pchdtv5500 card and went through the upgrade process all over again. I followed the suggestions from http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15286&highlight=alsa and again got my audio working once, until I reboot. Now I can't get it all no matter what I try.

Any help would be VERY much appreciated!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:34 am 
[quote="ErikU"]The real (major) problem now is that there isn't any audio coming out!! I did get audio once briefly, but it was gone on reboot. I removed my pchdtv5500 card and went through the upgrade process all over again. I followed the suggestions from http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15286&highlight=alsa and again got my audio working once, until I reboot. Now I can't get it all no matter what I try.
/quote]

There has been a problem reported about this.

You can manually save the state. When the sound is what you want, log in as root then run
"alsactl store /var/lib/alsa/asound.state"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:25 pm 
Yes, the state saves just fine. But there is no audio, even with everything unmuted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:01 am 
Did you unmute the IEC958 in alsamixer as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:53 pm 
I did. Everything is unmuted... but no sound. It worked fine for me like this in a previous version.