View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:38 am 
I have a DVICO FusionHDTV 5 Lite:
Code:
$ lspci  -s 06:06
06:06.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video Capture (rev 11)
06:06.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture (rev 11)
$ lspci  -s 06:06 -n
06:06.0 0400: 109e:036e (rev 11)
06:06.1 0480: 109e:0878 (rev 11)

that was working great with R5F27 and not so well with R5.5. I suspect the issue is with the bttv driver.

I did re-install R5F27 and confirmed the card worked fine, then switched back to R5.5 and verified my reception was lousy. Anyone else having trouble?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:56 pm 
bobmyth, if you are talking about the digital side of the card I have seen the same problem. However, I thought it was something unique to my cable QAM as I only have reception issues on 1 channel, guess not. I did a bunch of searching but no one else has reported anything. In my testing I found that the reception issue began for me sometime after changeset 6557. It doesn't seem like anything in that code should affect our card though.

To install:
Code:
wget http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/archive/401393656ebc.tar.gz
tar -xvvzf 401393656ebc.tar.gz
cd v4l-dvb-401393656ebc/
make
make install
reboot

This fixed my reception problems. Hope it works for you too.

There must be a bug in the driver but it is interesting because to get it to work with out reception issues I have to downgrade to 6557 from the version that is in R5.5. If I downgrade from the version in R5.5 to 6558 I still have the reception problem. But once I am at 6557 I can upgrade to 6600 I think and not have an issue. But again once I get up to a certain revision (haven't taken the time to narrow it down exactly which number it is) I get the reception problems and downgrading just 1 or 2 revisions won't fix it, I have to go back to 6557.

Britney

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:29 pm 
I'm glad someone else out there is seeing this and more importantly has already done the hard work of troubleshooting.

I'm going to give your suggestion a try. I'm a bit nervous because I have a PVR-500 and I am worried the ivtv drivers may get set back too far. I may just try the bttv driver for now.

Thanks again Britney.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:30 pm 
A short follow-up. I tried to install only the bttv.ko module and it did not help my QAM issues. I went ahead and did "make install" and everything is working great again.

Also, my ivtv was 1.2.0 but has been downgraded to 1.1.0. There does not appear to me any negative effects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:38 pm 
I recently upgraded to R6 and the rev 6557 drivers won't compile on the newer kernel. So it basically made my Fusion worthless. On a whim I decide to try moving the Fusion card to another PCI slot to see if it would solve the corruption problem. I don't have a spare slot so I just swapped the Fusion and my other PCI tuner, an old Air2PC ATSC only card. And what do you know, now the Fusion is working perfectly. It seemed to be seated well but maybe some kind of IRQ conflict that the old driver didn't trigger was the cause. I stressed the system this morning by recording 6 programs at the same time (3 physical tuners, 2 virtual tuners each when tuned to the same multiplex). I watched most of the programs that were recorded on the Fusion and no corruption. I also didn't see any corruption on Air2PC which is now in the PCI slot the Fusion use to be.

So anyone seeing this issue might want to try moving the Fusion to another PCI slot.

Britney