View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:33 pm 
HI Folks,

I have a master and slave BE. Both BE have the parameter "run jobs only on original recording backend" enabled. However enabling this parameter doesn't seem to do anything. The system seem to attempt to load based the jobs between the two BE and this is creating problems for me. Anyone else have the same problem? I am running R5.5 on both. The job on both BE correlates to Job #2. Which is supposed to transcode HDTV to DVD quality. Either BE has its own dedicated HDHomeRun unit. When both Tuners in the first HDHomeRun are in use the 3rd, 4th program rolls over to the slave BE/second HDHomeRun pair of tuners and gets recorded to the slave's BE HDD. However, when the job is triggered to transcode it seems to run on the Master instead of the slave if the master has no other jobs running. It fails because the transcode script on the master is not designed to transcode the files on the slave HDD. Am I alone in this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:11 pm 
No I have problem too. I wrote a long detailed message, but I was prompted for my password again and everything was lost.

in short: I can watch recordings and comflag between MBE and SBE. I can only transcode on the system with the recording saved to it's HD.
I'm thinking a chmod, or nfs permissions. I did notice a 0byte error on reading from source.
ie MBE recording can not be transcoded by the SBE system.
Why not?? anyone?
I do not want to have a central store for TV accross my network. NFS does work good, but HD playback on my SBE may suffer if the recording is on the MBE harddrive.