View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:07 pm 
I just started playing with mythstream and so far I only feel teased and dissapointed. Although it would seem you could literally pull any video, stream or content from any website the only parser and entry I have been able to get working is the Yahoo Most Viewed. Google's doesn't work, Dailymotion returns nothing, and so far no luck getting anything like Break.com or shoutcast working either.

The documentation on parsers is pretty decent, but I'm not that savvy a coder. Does anyone have some working url's and parsers they'd care to share?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:37 pm 
Try updating your parsers. Most of the ones you mention were updated a little while ago, shoutcast in particular. There is another post by me over here that should get you started:

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19121

Jim

Hauppauge PVR150
Iguana Works serial IR transceiver

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:15 am 
I had actually read up on several posts about the parsers and updated all I could find yesterday. Still when I would drill into Shoutcast and get to the point of choosing a stream it would give me an error like no data or no url. The google parser is new but it doesn't return any urls and you have to static program the search term in the stream entry anyway. The youtube parser is working.
I'll look at the original streams.res again to see if I can find the original shoutcast entries again, I may have given up on them too early, but I'm still more interested in videos from rss feeds of my favorite sites than I am music anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:15 pm 
Hi Cavin,

I'm pretty savy with the parsers. I think the most universal parser that you mentioned is the RSS parser. Can you give me the URL of the RSS feed, and the URL of the RSS parser you are using. (or email them to me) and I'll see what i can do.

BigB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:28 pm 
Would be awesome if you could knock some out B!
Here's some links to the feeds I've been playing with:

http://info.break.com/static/live/v1/pages/rss.html
(links to all of their channels are there)

Google Video's breakthrough videos
http://video.google.com/videofeed?type= ... output=rss

I was trying to find a link for rss feeds from uniquepeek.com but couldn't, the page is available through page2rss which might actually work with the default rss parser, I haven't tried it yet
page2rss.com/page?url=uniquepeek.com/news.php

Anything else anyone has working of interest please pass it on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:37 pm 
Hi Cavin,

The primary requirement with Mythstream is that the video you wish to watch is downloadable. This rules out Hulu.com. Google videos and the like need special parsers that can hunt down the actual downloadable video because normally it is hidden behind a flash player.

RSS feeds do work well, but the examples you gave me don't point to downloadable content, but give links to a webpage that plays the video for you. Podcasts (and vodcasts) also work well, because they are designed to be downloaded to your ipod etc.

The basic rule of thumb is if you can find (or formulate) a URL that you can pass to mplayer to play the video then you can create a parser for mythstream. If you look at the RSS source you should see url to actual media files (mp3/mp4/mov etc).

BigB.